Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
The below is either pretty funny or pretty scary, depending on how you look at it. To me it's both.

Can a 4% annual withdrawal rate be considered safe if we have to rely on these bozos who can't seem to be able to chew gum and walk at the same time?

It's not only young Americans who are dumb. It's a global phenomenon.

I was so freaked out that I tried this with my two older kids. Thank goodness they're OK.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Ask young people to pick out Iraq on a map of the Middle East, and only 13% can locate it — despite a barrage of headlines and broadcast reports about a possible war against Saddam Hussein.

Same goes for Israel or Iran, according to a National Geographic study that finds there has been little to no improvement in students' knowledge of geography since 1988.<snip>

Full article at:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2002-11-20-geography-quiz_x.htm
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.