Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
An investment talk show ran a contest today, the winner being the person who could define the investment term "sushi roll". I can't, and I couldn't listen to the rest of the program to find out.

So I ask the Board--what is a "sushi roll"?
Metal 27
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0

So I ask the Board--what is a "sushi roll"?
-Metal 27

Hi Metal!

That's a great question and I've never heard it used before, but when I hear people use an unusual term in investing I either Google it, or more directly I use; http://www.investopedia.com/

BTW, you may like to add the above link to you Favorites link folder so when you run across another one of those funny terms, you can just click the Investoropia link, and viola', just like magic; you can paste the term into the search box... just like I did!

Take a look at the following;

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/technical/04/031004.asp

Market Reversals And How To Spot Them
By Matt Blackman
Contact Matt
March 10, 2004

Traders have an expression for attempting to pick a market top or bottom - they call it trying to catch a falling knife. As the expression implies, it can be downright dangerous and is not normally recommended. But here is a method that may help lower the risk.

Sushi Roll Anyone?
In his book, "The Logical Trader", author Mark Fisher discusses techniques for identifying potential market tops and bottoms. While they serve the same purpose as the head and shoulders or double top/bottom or triple top/bottom chart patterns discussed in Bulkowski's seminal work "Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns", Fisher's techniques give signals sooner, providing an early warning alert to possible changes in the direction of the current trend.

-- much more--

Best regards.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hildy,
Thanks for the answer and the reference--very interesting reading!
Metal 27