No. of Recommendations: 35
When I looked a little while ago, there were 5 RECF posts atop the "Best Of" list. All had a similar number of recs. The two posts that I read were of poor quality.

It is quite obvious that somebody is gaming the rec system. This matters because as it is, the Best Of list is not a useful too to decide which posts to read. Of course we can just ignore anything from RECF. But there are times when the REC FRAUD is used to pollute other boards such as PA or Atheist Fools.

It doesn't look like TMF is going to do anything about this problem. I'm certainly not the first to complain.

I just wanted to remind the doppels that we're on to them. They can play their silly games....but they are not fooling anybody....except themselves.

Jack
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Good for you.

You and Jill Stein.

LOL

W
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yes, we know about it, Jack, and many have complained including me. The cheaters know we know and they still continue. It was at a fevered pitch before the election but has lowered since, I guess because their twisted choice "won".

I mentioned it on Improve the fool board and got no support. In fact some said recs are worthless so why bother. MF is not going to do anything about it. Just like they aren't interested in passing judgment on those who have a vendetta against some posters and report their posts for no good reason.

For some reason there are people in this world who have tiny little lives and have to inflate something to make themselves feel better. Similar psychology must be in Trump's psyche since he has nothing better to do in the middle of the night but complain about the press (including which photo they use of him) and other perceived injustices against his august person. What a wimpy President elect. Blah!
No. of Recommendations: 3
No. of Recommendations: 6
When I looked a little while ago, there were 5 RECF posts atop the "Best Of" list. All had a similar number of recs. The two posts that I read were of poor quality.

It is quite obvious that somebody is gaming the rec system.

Yep...it appears you are correct.

I checked the Best Of Board. There are three posts from the RECF Board and eleven posts from the PA Board.

The four PA posts I read were of poor quality.

The PA Board appears to have rigged the rec' system and dominates the Best Of Board.
Makes a person go Hmmmmm....
You worry about rec counts? Or 'best of' posts?

Good for you. I waste my time worrying about the heartbreak of psoriasis but everyone has their own way of wasting time and your way is probably as good as mine.
You worry about rec counts? Or 'best of' posts?

Good for you. I waste my time worrying about the heartbreak of psoriasis but everyone has their own way of wasting time and your way is probably as good as mine.

Nope not me. I very seldom read the Best Of. I already know what is there...the majority of posts are from the PA and other liberal Boards.
I go there when I see a lefty complain about the RECF Board and rec' their posts.

Have you tried this? ;)

STELARA® Results
In a medical study, 7 out of 10 people taking STELARA® saw 75% clearer skin at 12 weeks, after 2 starter doses. Individual results may vary.
I mentioned it on Improve the fool board and got no support. In fact some said recs are worthless so why bother. MF is not going to do anything about it.

I remember when you complained, and I did so at the same time. You are correct.....we were ignored. But I noticed that at least one TMF guy
(Speck?) took note. I guess there is no financial incentive for TMF to fix the problem. Yet the political posts are very, very popular, so it's a shame that TMF is allowing the system to be corrupted by a few bad apples.

Recs do matter. I can't wade through hundreds of posts to find just the ones I want to read. That, I think, is the value of a Best Of feature.

The cheating is SO obvious. It involves maybe half a dozen RECF people,
the usual suspects. All of a sudden, they get a high volume of recs, pushing (at best) mediocre posts to the top of "Best Of" where they will be read. And the activity did reach a fever pitch in the weeks before the election, after which it slowed down.

I also noticed that it will come and go....disappearing for a few days.
So whoever is engaging in this fraud takes time off.

Maybe if we keep bringing attention to it, the perpetrators will realize that they are wasting their time. So....one more time:

ATTENTION DOPPELS: YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYBODY!!! YOU LOSE ALL CREDIBILITY WHEN YOU ENGAGE IN FRAUD!!! GO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO....SOMETHING MORE WORTHWHILE!!!

Jack
No. of Recommendations: 2
http://boards.fool.com/you-knowevery-time-someone-complains-...

Thank you for admitting that you are part of the problem, LurkerMom.

It's interesting that the same kind of people who shouted "Lock Her Up" about Hillary Clinton are happy to see their buddies engage in FRAUD.

You're right about one thing. Recs, in themselves, don't mean much. But it's obvious that a useful tool for political discussion is being polluted by a few small minds.

So you're going on record saying that's fine with you, huh?

Jack
http://boards.fool.com/you-knowevery-time-someone-complains-......

It's interesting that the same kind of people who shouted "Lock Her Up" about Hillary Clinton are happy to see their buddies engage in FRAUD.

You're right about one thing. Recs, in themselves, don't mean much. But it's obvious that a useful tool for political discussion is being polluted by a few small minds.

Jack

Interesting how you and yours draw attention to this matter which instead of attracting more complaints/investigations and such, it actually attracts more rec's. You draw everyone in with that.

Man that must just burn. But it is demonstrative self inflicted whining that did it. I have never rec'd so much before, so thanks for guiding me to such fine thinkers.

Give a rec and make TMF great again!

W
"ATTENTION DOPPELS: YOU ARE NOT FOOLING ANYBODY!!! YOU LOSE ALL CREDIBILITY WHEN YOU ENGAGE IN FRAUD!!! GO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO....SOMETHING MORE WORTHWHILE!!!
Jack "

Obsess much?

Oh Jack, you really need to get a life if rec's are all that important to you.

I seldom stray from the PA Board but if I am incline to learn or find out about something I go or search for the Board that would give me the information I am looking for. I won't find it on the 'Best Of' Board.

The 'Best Of' is dominated by the liberal board posters. Why is that?
A number of their posts are moronic, insulting, belittling and just c&p. The bigger the insult the more rec's that poster get.

Why are you not complaining about that?
No. of Recommendations: 6
We have precious little time on this earth. If someone wants to waste it logging on an off the MF to rec posts, it's their life. I can't imagine being on my deathbed upset that I didn't waste more time logging on to fake accounts to rec them.

When I see the fake recs, I find it humorous that someone is stupid enough to spend time actually doing it. Sad, but funny. We should be grateful it causes these idiots to spend less time in public.

If anything, it confirms the fact that right-wingers believe in form over substance. And, it confirms the fact that they are admitting their ideas can't stand up on their own.

Other then that, who gives a rat's a$$.

AW

AW

...apparently another rat.

W
It takes one to know one...

When I looked a little while ago, there were 5 RECF posts atop the "Best Of" list. All had a similar number of recs. The two posts that I read were of poor quality. It is quite obvious that somebody is gaming the rec system.

And you know that how? From yourself and from your experience with the PA board?

-=Ajax=-

AW

Exactly. I have better things to do than to worry how many rec's a poster gets.
Despite the fact that those posts are all grey to me, I do thihnk it is important to make this clear everynow and then, lest some newcomer appear and get hoodwinked by the rec numbers. It is just a small aspect of the Right Wing Bull Sh*t Machine. This is probably not the Putin branch, but it is still dangerous. It needs to be called for what it is.
Yep; some crazed rightie thinks this is worth the time and effort. No other explanation for Lurkermoms huge recs.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Yep; some crazed rightie thinks this is worth the time and effort. No other explanation for Lurkermoms huge recs.

What's your problem? I have no explanation. They showed up probably because the posts hit the truth meter bell...

Your name calling anger makes me laugh...no one hates like a lib.

Stop worrying about me and get a life.

AW

Jack cares, a lot.

Probably the second or third time it's been posted this month.