Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 34
Don't feel badly for me.
I changed people's lives.

I'm proud of every day of it, and I wouldn't change a bit of it. . .

There are times in life when you rise above self – when we all recognize that there are none of us who are so important in our own eyes, have such significance in ourselves, that we have a right to stand in the way of the things that we value.

. . .I will not be responsible for the loss of the drivel posting majority on the Motley Fool. I will not allow it to happen.

There is just too much at issue . . .

Simply because I'm making this decision today, do not think that I fight any less hard, or I can be any less combative.

Fooldom is a different place than it was when I entered posting life four years ago.

Some ways better, and some ways not.

But Fooldom will soon be at war again. Its finances are terribly troubled. The site again is returning to serious debt. Upgrade progress is too slow. The last of the open private testing boards that I value and love so dearly are being lost.

And I can't be heard.

I pride myself on a strong voice.

My colleagues on GMS will tell you that it is often heard above all others.

But it doesn't matter if you can't be heard at all in a campaign.

This is a political campaign devoid of all issues.

I can't be heard.

My voice is not so important that it cannot be substituted. If I cannot be heard, then someone else must be heard.

I have asked Gahamuvo, SlowProcess, and StringCheeseMark to have my name removed from the general election ballot of the 2002 Feste Award....

I am a human being.

And while I have not done the things that I have been accused of doing, I most certainly have made mistakes. There will be those who have concluded that those mistakes bring justice to this moment because there is a price to be paid.

When did we become such an unforgiving people?

How did we become a society when a person can build credibility your entire posting life to have it questioned by someone whose word is of no value at all?

When did we stop believing and trusting in each other?

I remember a Motley Fool where a person made an error and they asked forgiveness, it was given. That was our faith and our culture.

I remember in our culture that a person would spend a lifetime building credibility so it would stand against those who had none if they were ever challenged.

. . . This is all I ever wanted to do. I gave you 4 years of my life. I am grateful beyond words to have been able to serve boards that I love so deeply. I thank you so much for those years.

But there's a point at which every man reaches their limit. I've reached mine.

For the next 90 days, I will do my best to serve this site and our boards with distinction . . .I draw my career on the Motley Fool to a close, with a grateful heart, a high spirit and a great love and ambition of my fellow posters. Thank you all.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Goodnight Mr. Toricelli, wherever you are.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Swimdad,

You're a class act.

scm
No. of Recommendations: 0
You're a class act

I must concur.
No. of Recommendations: 4
swimdad: blah, blah blah...Don't feel badly for me.

OK.

mick

PS - if you spend your last 90 days at a board we like to call "LBYM" you might save enough to pay for a membership in February, you cheap bastard.