Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I currently have a pension plan thru work that is managed by Solomon Smith Barney. I am dissatisfied with the service and advice I have received, and would like to change to Charles Schwabb, the only other broker the pension allows us to use. However, rougly 40% of the plan is invested in a "Trak" portofolio, a portofolio that is managed according to a predetermined investment strategy upon which I have agreed. Another 40% is invested in a plan similar to the Foolish 4, except that it uses 10 stocks from the Dow rather than 4. Like the F4, the money in that portfolio is reinvested annually. If I change brokers, must I automatically sell the investments that are tied to SSB unique plans? Also, although I'm not going to retire for another 30 years, I would like to sell some of the stocks in the SSB plans, and begin an investment strategy based on the Foolish 4. Generally, if I've taken losses this year with the SSB plans, is it a bad time to sell those stocks, even though I am going to reinvest the mo
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.