No. of Recommendations: 0
Southwall Tech, Inc (SWTX) was featured in the May 1997 and Aug 1997 editions of "Red Chip Highlights." Red Chip describes the company as a thin-film coatings (specialty chemicals) company.

Focus of business has been residential and commercial glazing laminates and auto glazing products. They think SWTX is beginning to expand into other markets. They started a relationship with Sony ((monitors) in 1995. Sony recently increased its minimum order beginning July 1 and going through Dec 2000. Additional potential with flat panel displays, laptops, and big-screen TV. Also, SWTX has an auto product called "Heat Mirror XIR" that is doing well in the Asian and European markets.

The Red Chip analyst following SWTX is Ken Thomas and in the Aug 1997 Highlight articale was projecting EPS of $.41 for FY97 and $.60 for FY98. It looks like these estimates have been raised to $.47 and $.66 (First Call Sep 8). Red Chip rates SWTX as an "A" and has a $12 12-month price target. A full report can be obtained at the Red Cip web site for $5 (www.redchip.com).

I have started following the company (via Red Chip) but purchased any stock.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yo! Xgreenberg,

Thank you for the continued contributions re: SWTX. I had my assistant pile up the most recent SEC filings for the company but have not yet carved out the time to look them over. I hope to in the not too distant future.

Please do keep us posted w/r/t your views on this company. We appreciate the information.

regards,
stephen barnes
Print the post Back To Top