Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
How tragic that the cretins over there criticize this man like that!

As an American, I respect him a great deal for what he accomplished -- and what he has accomplished in the past -- and that injury could have hit anyone! I am disgusted with the Russian media and others who seem to be ganging up on him!

Many, many of us over here admire and respect you, Evgeni. Thank you for the beautiful demonstrations of skating you have offered the world.

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
I didn't realize he was being criticized. The man is 31yrs old, had just helped Russia win Gold in the team competition, and has had multiple back surgeries in the last few years. When the back goes, it's goes. He got a standing ovation from the fans in the arena who then literally lifted Jeremy Abbott up from a hard crash into the wall with their support.

Fuskie
Who is still buzzing over the US Ski Slope Style freestyle skiers last night, including the kid who is taking on the additional personal mission to vaccinate and rescue Sochi's stray dogs...
I didn't realize he was being criticized.

Apparently some idiot politician (sorry about the redundancy) has introduced a bill in the Russian legislature that would limit the number of games that an Olympian can be in to two.
I'm surprised they didn't send him to a Gulag. I read about the Russian politican. They are a bunch of crazies over there. IMHO.

Charlie
I read about the Russian politican. They are a bunch of crazies over there. IMHO.

Remember, part of the reason for the Olympic games is to show that people are the same all over the world.

Are the Russian politicians any crazier than the US Congress?
Are the Russian politicians any crazier than the US Congress?

No...but I wasn't going to go there.

:-)Charlie
Fuskie:

Yes on all counts!

Nice guy to deal with those doggies.

Vermonter
Well, this country has a venture capitalist who wants to let the rich buy votes. The more money you have, the more votes you can cast. As if the 1% haven't bought the elections already.

Fuskie
Who expects Putin will put a quick end to any Plushenko bashing on his TV stations and print media if he doesn't want it to spoil his Olympics...