Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-14/musk-mutiny-two-ma...

As Reuters reports, Fidelity Investments and T. Rowe Price Group - two of the largest investors in Tesla - disclosed in their quarterly filings tonight that they each cut their stakes in the electric automaker by more than 20%.

Additionally, Bloomberg notes that Susquehanna exited almost all of their 1.266 million shares.

My note: the following is a comment from one of the ZH readers.

"All the institutional investors are trimming slowly, but surely and continuously I assume. On every bounce, they sell bigger chunks. Who knows which bounce will be the last one. Jedi power is fading. The biggest distraction in the history of the company caused only a 2-day rally, then just evaporated? Tesla become too hot, and the Jedi mind trick trying to distract the public from production/sales numbers, cash positions, solvency, debt payments etc., is turning against Musk, it seems. He made a mistake: he put a cap on the value of the stock. It’s like a theoretical stop loss for shorts... the risk reward turned on its head. People thought this stock would be worth $5k one day, or so. Now the best scenario is $70+ from here, max. And Musk needs to be really lucky to achieve that. The downside risk became visible?

I think the only one Jedi trick left: Musk resigning as a CEO, “for the sake of the company”, while staying there as a production manager, or smthng. Short-lived bounce in the stock maybe, but then... with a new, “boring” CEO (who cannot distract the public so easily) the talk about cashflow and debt would just really begin.

the brand itself wouldn’t die. I think it is really worth something. About $20 / share is a fair value. $100 in 10 years, if it can show at least 8 years of consecutive profitable year-end GAAP profits, only if debt is decreasing at the same time."
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.