Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Disclaimer: I am long T. Rowe Price, and it constitutes a not insignificant portion of my portfolio.

Hello all,

I would like to bring up a subject it seems no one here wants to talk about, T. Rowe Price. It seems that the managers of this portfolio are doing their best to forget that it is included in this portfolio. Given this indifference to the company, perhaps we should consider whether the company should be held here at all.

Going back to when this was the Cash King portfolio, we can easily see how T. Rowe entered. It's position as a Cash King is, I think, unasaillable, and I must salute whomever decided it belonged to that portfolio. The days of the Cash King portfolio are, however, past, and this is now the Rule Maker Portfolio. Despite its wonderful financial characteristics and business model, T. Rowe is clearly not a Rule Maker -- they areperhaps the third or fourth most dominant player in their industry (at best).

My request then? Drop T. Rowe. It's a wonderful company (IMHO -- I own quite a bit myself), but not fit for this portfolio. Let the managers of the Rule Maker Portfolio put their energies into Rule Makers, and not feel obligated to hold T. Rowe.

And, moreover, maybe this will stop all the whining about the market performance of T. Rowe over the last couple of years -- a performance which has badly lagged the fundamental performance of the company.

Cheers,
soui
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.