Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
T. Rowe Price still has their $50 automatic asset builder program that you could switch to. Of course, selling your child's current fund would trigger gains taxes if the gains were over $750 for this calendar year.

Other ideas: investigate buying separate securities and creating your own mutual fund via DRiPs. (dividend reinvestment plans). There are two active boards here at TMF regarding DRiPs: Drip Investing Basics and Drip Investing Companies; to get there just type the name in the Board box below.

good luck,
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.