Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
t:

The population of the US in 2019 was 328.2 million
50/328 = .1524 which I figured was pretty close to 15%

There are 4 quarters in a year which, at 50M per quarter, means 200 million a year ergo close to seven months over that year to knock off the population. OK, admittedly I included widows and orphans (children)but I see no reason to exclude them.

Effectively, most sites, super or otherwise, in NYC are out of ammo. I just visited my local Costco (who I didn't realize was doing shots) and the pharmacist told me they only got 300 doses, gave them by appointment and ran out yesterday.

I believe that most states who have done planning have the ability to distribute vast numbers of doses, but the supply has been not matched the federal government's projections to the states and the CDC prematurely opening the floodgates to anyone over 65 when there clearly wasn't enough to cover that tranche increased aggravation and tension in the nation with little discernible benefit.

Jeff
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.