Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
T2, thanks for the response, yes I am new to TMF and fairly new to stock investing. I did the 2001 RB seminar and Tom (1000) was one of my team leaders, he got me into Wheels' Research Corner which is a small RB research board which I am thoroughly enjoying. We recently completed an RB report on Albany Molecular Research (AMRI), have a recent part report on Cree and have Affymetrix in progress. We did discuss whether or not to post completed reports on the KP board but decided on RB companies and AMRI boards. I guess we were being modest. If KP'ers would like us to post Wheels' reports here then I feel pretty sure it would be OK.

Funny you should mention satellite, in the early part of the RB seminar I looked at Gilat and Hughes. Got put off by Murdoch's interest and the fact that I believed that it would be some time before satellite broadband took hold. I really think that satellites could be big in countries with small wireline infrastructures. Someone said that 4% of Chinese homes were connected by wireline (telephones) and that there are not enough back-hoes in the world to dig all the trenches for them!

Funny thing about Canada, 2nd biggest country by landmass only 30 million people and highest adoption rate of broadband to home(not sure of the source). We may seem to be sparsely populated but 90% of our population lives within 100 miles of the US border. Just move the 49th parallel to the 51st and the US gets 27 million people without the natural resources though.

I will check the telcos and cellular providers in Canada. One of the biggest cell companies is Rogers/AT&T that may give you a clue. I will check Bell Canada & Telus.

I really enjoy reading some of the reports from people who understand the technologies that are behind the companies. I wish I had time to read more of the good boards. I have bookmarked KP and NPI and thought that Matt Tomkins (Y2Krash) newsletter was outstanding. I am sometimes in awe of the knowledge displayed on these boards. I have no tech background but enjoy the research.

Outstanding time to have cash in the bank - but when to open the vault - that is the question. So many good companies coming down to reasonable valuations. What a pity that I already own some at higher prices!

Good luck, I really enjoy your posts, you keep the technical understandable to investors like me

thank-you
Philip aka admiraltroll
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.