Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
t901317 wrote: "Since the companies that I am allowed to purchase common stock in is limited to owning assets that amount to less that 50,000,000, my selection is very limited. "

Actually, it's worse than that.

At the top of the thread, t901317 wrote: "If you sold publicly traded securities, you may be able to postpone all or part of the gain on that sale if you bought common stock or a partnership interest in an SSBIC during the 60-day period that began on the date of the sale. An SSBIC is any partnership or corporation licensed by the Small Business Administration
under section 301(d) of the Small Business Investment Act of 1958. "

So the corporation must be specifically licensed by the SBA for particular purposes. Investing in small businesses, it sounds like. You may be able to find such companies throught he SBA.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.