Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
i have a rooftop deck in nyc that is unfurnished. recently i passed on the street a alluminum base of a circular table that i took home with me. it seems like all it would take is a 48" diameter top bolted to the base in four spots to become a perfect outdoor dining table. i was thinking that a finished plywood circle would do the trick. the top need to be heavy so the whole thing doesn't blow away, but i was also thinking of using a drill to put lots of little holes, perhaps in a design, to let the wind go through it easily. problem is that big circles are hard to cut out, any idea if your standard hardware/wood store would do it for me? i know they cut wood to size (charging per cut)but those are usually straight. any ideas?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.