Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life. He had no desire to . . . run,” said Tagg, who worked with his mother, Ann, to persuade his father to seek the presidency. “If he could have found someone else to take his place . . . he would have been ecstatic to step aside.

I think Tagg just might win the sour grapes award for this decade.

Rest of the article is quite good:

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/2012/president/2012/12/2...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 4
It's a lie, too. He ran in 2008. Didn't he know how hard it was then? Wasn't that enough to make him reconsider?

He's been running for President for years and years. I think he only ran for Governor of Massachusetts so he could have the "right" background for President. He only served one term and by all accounts was never engaged in the business of governing.

What a loser.
No. of Recommendations: 3
“He wanted to be president less than anyone I’ve met in my life. He had no desire to . . . run,” said Tagg, who worked with his mother, Ann, to persuade his father to seek the presidency. “If he could have found someone else to take his place . . . he would have been ecstatic to step aside.

You can tell the character of a person by what they say after an election instead of before it.
Why is a "deeply private person" who "doesn't love attention" running for office--any major office? Obama is pretty private, too, but made his campaigns about average Americans. Romney was unable to do that with believability since his policies clearly favored upper incomes.

I think he felt entitled to it. Makes me wonder if those complaining about the "entitlement mentality" are projecting.

Maybe he knows at last what it feels like to do your best, work hard, even make yourself do uncomfortable things, but still fail to get a job--and after 6 years of trying and maybe more years thinking about it.

I think his best destiny is within the Mormon Church hierarchy, like head prophet or whatever they call their "pope."--I think that's where his heart is.
No. of Recommendations: 2
goofy: " You can tell the character of a person by what they say after an election instead of before it. "

Obama - before election - "I'm going to work across the isle to solve our problems" "We need to reform SS and Medicare"

Obama = after election ' I won - you take it or leave it - there is no negotiation. 1.6 trillion in new taxes and no spending cuts that will happen in less than 10 years' ' I won't cut entitlements to seniors'

You were right on , Goofy!

t.
No. of Recommendations: 6
< Obama - before election - "I'm going to work across the isle to solve our problems" >

He is. He's staying over in Kailua and has been to Honolulu at least twice already.

< Obama = after election ' I won - you take it or leave it - there is no negotiation. 1.6 trillion in new taxes and no spending cuts that will happen in less than 10 years' ' I won't cut entitlements to seniors' >

In your mind. You might want to switch off Fox and Rush and read some actual news from time to time. On the other hand, why spoil your fantasy, huh?

(Please feel no need to reply. Really.)
http://www.nationalmemo.com/gop-furious-that-obama-is-acting...

Imagine, winning the election and then having the unmitigated gall to act like he won the election.