Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Take Bart from SFO to someplace in SF, such as Union Square (touristy shopping & cable cars).
From there take an Uber to Chinatown (Dragon Gate).
As you walk north on Grant Ave (the main street in Chinatown) there are several good places to eat, especially on the west side of the street that are good for Dim Sum.

Going to Muir Woods = car rental IMO.
I looked at an Uber estimator and it is $30-$40 one way.
And, of course it will be one way since it is doubtful you can easily get back.
Plus with a rental you can stop at the Golden Gate Bridge, etc.

If a rental not ideal you could try a tour, such as from Gray lines (and others). They go from SF to Muir Woods and back for about $70. But you have to check the schedules.

All else fails you can try one of the several hop-on hop-off bus tours of SF.
There are also many walking tours. I just did one of these (for free) because I had Expedia points expiring. Check out Expedia "things to do" tab...over 500 things to do in SF from about $5 to $5000.

Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.