Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Take care and see you next time

Well, the good news in all this is that there actually will be a next time. That was in no way meant to be a farewell visit to Alexandria or the D.C. area.

I really wanted to meet you and AC, as well as see anyone else who showed up.

I think one thing that is beating me down is that I had a good friendship with Cindy 8 years ago that I let go of due to personal issues. I've regretted that move, but I've learned to live with it and just pile it up with all the other regrets I have when it comes to friendships gone by.

Someone once said that a man truly hasn't lived until he has a ton of regrets. Hmm.

When I heard Cindy's voice on the message in my hotel room, it brought back some fond memories of hanging out with her and others at Murphy's in Alexandria.

I almost jumped in a cab when I got her message. I went outside and had a smoke, and while there a cab came up to the hotel waiting for a customer. I swear I came within inches/seconds of jumping in and asking for him to take me to Falls Church. But at that point I was too ashamed to show my unshaven face. :)

Anyway, thanks so much for the post. I really appreciate the honest feedback.

And I will be back. I guarantee it. What I'm fearful of is that the next time I cry "wolf," the villagers won't show up.

-b.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.