Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've got a Roth IRA conversion account that I converted this year at a discount broker. The account has about $1300 in it. I have not made a contribution to this account this year. I also have a 401K from an old employer that is in a mutual fund. I want to direct the 401K money myself since I don't like the funds my old employer offers (no S&P index fund). Is it possible for me to transition my 401K funds into my Roth account or is my only option to roll my 401K into a traditional IRA? According to my broker, I can roll my 401K over into a traditional IRA account, I'll have to open another IRA, and afterwards transfer that money into my Roth. However, he was much too unsure about this process to make me comfortable. Is it possible for me to do this? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.