Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
The sun hits the passenger side of our trailer while stored here at home.. Eats up the awning, and now the tandem wheel fender on that side I notice was ripping up the mounting screw area..

Looked at replacing it, https://lookup-our-skirts.com/direct.html can match or build a replacement, but before I give up, I am playing a bit..

I took the fender off, laid it on a piece of plywood. I had a length of 1-1/4" pic electrical conduit. Took the bandsaw to it, sliced it into 1/4 round sections, and now have 10" lengths glued into the backside of the 3 problem holes.. Tomorrow I should be able to take the clamps off, I used exterior deck construction adhesive to stick them on. I'll drill the holes where they belong, tomorrow, and with maybe a little filler, touchup paint, I should be good to go! 1/8" washers under the screw heads will help, too..

I was afraid if I didn't fix it, it would vanish along the road somewhere! Other side is in the shade, no problem.. I suppose I could swap them if the fix is ugly, but it should be fine..

Always something!

weco
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.