Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Ok, don't laugh.

But years ago I remember seeing on tv a group of woman in their 50 and 60's forming a tap dance group that performed all over the country. I always thought I would love to try out for such a group when I retired. Now, that I am coming closer to that age, I'm unable to locate this group. Does anyone know about this group? They probably had golden age tap dancers in their title. I have researched this on yhoo and can't come up with anything. Maybe they retired.
Print the post Back To Top
I did a little internet research and wasn't able to come up with the group you're looking for. Why not form your own if they are still not around?

Gekko II
No. of Recommendations: 2
I have faith in this board. There must be someone else out there who would love to do this. There must be someone who has heard of this group. In the mean while, I 'll practice daily. You are right, I may have to start my own. I guess if we plant a goal firmly enough in our minds, somehow our subconscious will figure out a way of how to get there. And with the all the posters on these boards there is help all around.
I was just thinking...Another thing you could do is contact a couple of local dance companies to see if they have any info...Gekko II
No. of Recommendations: 3
I remember a show about retired Las Vegas showgirls who did benefits. These ladies were 50-60-70s - still looked good, still wore the scanty costumes. Don't remember where they were located but I'd bet it was Vegas.

(Delurking from REHP and this board - first post - first time I've had anything marginally useful to contribute)
No. of Recommendations: 0
Anniepa, Your first post was great.And I feel so privledged! You did it to help me out. I shall add you to my favorite fools. Look at that: Your first post, and you all ready have two recs,and you are listed as a favorite fool.

Soon you'll have your own soapbox.
There was a group in Albany, California about 15 years ago called the Dancing Dills. They tap danced in pickle costumes.

I have a friend who knew the woman who ran the Dills, and if you like I'll see if we can contact her. Who knows?

Vickifool -- great to have a board I can answer posts without thinking to hard.
A pickle costume sounds great. Now, I won't have to worry about my figure. Yes, please do find a contact for me.

A pickle costume huh? I'm getting closer to my dream.

There is a group of dancing grannies in Sun City, you might call the Sun City recreation department at 623-876-3000
A pickle costume sounds great.

Personally, I'd fit in a pear better.
foolkath posted: A pickle costume sounds great. Now, I won't have to worry about my figure. Yes, please do find a contact for me.

Well, my long-winded friend couldn't remember the woman's name either. Darn! I'll check with the Solano Stroll when I get a chance.

Vickifool -- you know, those pickle costumes didn't look that hard to make.