No. of Recommendations: 0
Should I or Shouldn't I?

I want to buy a house at a deal and rehab it. (I'm a liscensed contractor and can make the rehab happen). Then could easily sell it and clear 30K+ safely within 2-3 months.

My IRA is all that I've got except the equity in my home. Self employment does not fair well on a equity loans. Had a bankrupt 6 years ago. (Credit is now Fair and coming up). My house is worth 150K, I owe 50K. I've got 25K in my savings (a traditional IRA that's losing). And over 10K in a clear line of credit at the commercial building supply.
Go Figure.
I know about the penalty for early withdraw. I'm 4 yrs. short of no penalty. Damn all these retirement rules. Even after the penalty, I make a lot more than leaving in the current IRA, (stocks just are not getting it) plus I've got other properties in sight. I would rather go with a bank loan, but the loan and a decent rate is not for sure and will take time.
What to do?
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.