No. of Recommendations: 5
Dear Santa,

My name is Tatiana. I'm 14 years old I' m in high school. Santa I really need your help this year. last year I did not write you I was really depressed. My mom and dad just got divorced. My dad dont even call any more. Sometimes I wish I was never born or was dead. I'm seeing some one for my depression. Parents don't realize what an impact divorce has on a kid. Too make things worst I dont have much and is teased about my clothing. I'm already depressed and having only two pair of pants dont help. Santa I really need some clothing and a pair of shoes. so I'm not picked on so much because my shoes are full of holes mom can't afford to buy present this year, she has to worry about feeding our family so I dont ask her for anything. I know mom loves me very much and would do any-thing for me if she could. I wear a size 12 in pants and a medium is blouse, 10 1/2 in men gym shoes. Santa, if your dont know what to get me a gift certificate to the Gap, Target or any store will do. I don't care. I just need some warm clothes. I'll even take used clothes.

Love always
needy

Santa please excuse my writing I'm crying
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
I would like to give Tatiana a gift certificate so she could treat herself to a small after-Christmas sale shopping spree...also, I hesitate to actually buy clothing for a fourteen year old, as it has been way too long since I was that age, and, you really can't guess someone else's taste, fit, favorite colors, etc. But, the gym shoes seem to be a real high priority also...So, the question is: Clothing store gift cert or Foot Locker gift cert?

Sadie Killmouski
Devoutly glad not to be fourteen
No. of Recommendations: 2
Sadie, with the cost of postage for packages having increased so much, could I just mail a tiny check ($3-$5) either for gas money for delivering packages or for candy canes or a package of warm socks or some hair scrunchies or other small items to add to the Santa packages?

(Any kid that needs shoes probably needs socks too.)

Let me know. Thanks. Tasha
No. of Recommendations: 1
Actually, this project is orchestrated by bookgrrrl...I am merely an Elf in Training.

Sadie Killmouski
Who appreciates your kind thought.
Okay, bookgirll, where do I send the tiny check for candy canes/socks/or gas money? (Sometimes out of state checks take a week or two to clear, so I figure it should be sent out in mail by Monday.)
Dear Tashak2...Many thanks. You need to check out Bookgrrrl (post 277) to find out where to send a check. I apologize if I'm making this more complicated, but I want everthing to be aboveboard and to get to the right folks.

Happy Holidays,
Sadie Killmouski

Hi Sadie,

I think a gift-certificate to somewhere like Target or Kohl's might cover the bases well: both places sell shoes (although Target's aren't name-brand) and clothing. I can't remember if there's a Kohl's in the Chicago area, but she mentioned Target. I was thinking I might chip in with a sweater or a couple of long-sleeve T-shirts, depending on what I can find (I'd like to do something for several of these letters, since I'm having difficulty picking!!!), but I'll speak up more definitely in a day or so. Anyway, I just thought I'd throw in a few words for a more 'generic' gift certificate that would allow her some leeway, and maybe, if she found the good sales, get her both shoes and pants (I'm willing to take some guesses as to a 14-year-old's choice in tops, but pants???)

Hilary
Advice recieved and taken. Per your thought...cotton turltlenecks , those Preppy things one wears under sweaters are always a good gift.

Sadie Killmouski
Feeling overadvantaged despite crying "poor me" for 11 months.
I have contacted Bookgrrl via private e-mail to say that I will send a $50 gift certificate from Target on Tuesday. I should have posted this fact also to the board so that you would know that I would be taking care of some of Tatiana's needs. I wouldn't have a clue as to the type of clothing a 14 year old girl wears now as my two girls are in their mid to late 20's now. I will be sending my gift certificate directly to Bookgrrl so that she can distribute. If she doesn't have the time, I will send it directly to Tatiana.
10 1/2 in men gym shoes.

Which converts to a size 12 in Women's shoes.
http://www.thesportsauthority.com/info/index.jsp?categoryId=222930&infoPath=222992

bookgrrrl,

please send me info about where to send a pair of shoes for her. I'll get her a pair of practical yet somewhat feminine looking shoes (maybe some oxfords, loafers, or something) since it sounds like all she has is on old pair of men's shoes.

However, if anyone else was planning on getting her a pair of sneakers, please continue to do so since she could probably use a pair of sneakers too!

I'm e-mailing and posting this to the board in case anyone else wanted/needed to know what a 10.5 in men's shoes translates to in women's shoes.

Thanks!

bookgrrrl,

I have a $50 gift card for Target that I was going to auction on eBay. Somehow I haven't found time for it. After reading this letter, my heart broke and I felt God nudging me to send Tatiana the gift card. I really, really don't want to do this, but I have found that when God tells you to do something, you'd better do it!

Please send me your address before I change my mind. ;-)

phantomdiver
I got Tatiana a $10 Target gift card!
I found another "set" of Bath & Body Works stuff that i would like to give to Tatiana - sounds like she'll be able to go on a nice spree at Target, but maybe she'll like to smell like Juniper and Peaches while she's doing it!

I'll send for her a trial size shampoo, conditioner and body lotion ("Juniper Breeze") and a little bar of moisturizing soap ("Peaches-n-Cream" or something - the others were Vanilla Bean, if you've been following along at home).

hollisv
who still has a bottle each of Juniper Breeze shampoo and conditioner...
i've added two short-sleeved t-shirts to Tatiana's loot. After all, even when it warms up, it's nice to have some new things...

Hilary
No. of Recommendations: 0
I've got:

a *very* nice muted purple silk shirt. If I weren't going back to college in the fall, I'd keep it for myself!

a collection of nail polish in a little bag

a "relaxation" kit (sounds like she needs it!)

and, I'm going to pick up a journal and some fancy pens today.