Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
FJTA3 and FJTA4

Up more than 100% in the last couple of weeks.
There's some extremism taking over the Brazilian presidential election, and this Brazilian small-arms manufacturer might benefit from the election of a pro-gun candidate, as well as any patriotic legislative support of local industry on the export side.

Obviously this part is all speculative nonsense, of course. On the one hand this candidate, Bolsonaro talks about breaking the Taurus monopoly on Brazilian gun manufacturing, on the other he'll gladly rub shoulders with them when they introduce their new product lines at conferences. I think his election might actually benefit them, marginally, and if there is a wave of legal gun purchases they would be the first in line.

Taurus is a real company, with real sales in the international market. There's been a recent debt restructuring which could translate into a real turnaround. That's why I brought the idea to this board.

I was looking for a dink just to ride this election business, but I can't invest directly in companies that are listed on the Brazilian stock exchange (no ADR for this company, strangely), so I'm just watching on the sidelines.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.