Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello everyone,

Here's my situation: I am currently engaged to a wonderful lady who is currently completing her bachelor's degree. She will graduate in the spring of 2001 after which time (june) we will get married. She would like to begin a Master's program that fall (september 2001).

Some background: We will be living in New York (probably NYC) when we get married, and I currently live there -- although I work in New Jersey.

My research so far: As I see it an Education IRA is out since she is over 18. The NY 529 plan doesn't help because the account has to exist for 3 years before you can withdraw money.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas?!?! All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,


PS - Please email replies as well as posting since I don't follow this board closely.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.