Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Help the curtain is falling and I need to know how in TurboTax to allow for the computer I purchased in December 2000. I retired in September 2000 and am offering myself up as a consultant. To this end, I am confused as to how to make the deduction and cannot find a clear answer from TT help screens.

Paid $3400 for the PC and figure I use it 90% for business. I have perused form C and also section 179 -- are they the same thing (I think not).

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.