Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am 21 years old and I am planning to attend a state university next fall. I want to know if there is a way to put money away, possibly in some kind of an IRA, in order to avoid paying tax on it, if I am going to use the money to pay for my education. Also, I would like to know if you do in fact get taxed on the money that you use for your own education, and if so, are there any ways to get around it? What would be the best way for me to solve my problem?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.