No. of Recommendations: 0
I converted my ~$5,000 trad. IRA into a Roth (as well as opening a contributory Roth) this year. Until two years ago, I was married and left all of the financial details to my then-husband (I have since become much more Foolish). I do not know if my IRA contributions were deducted from our income taxes for those years when we were married or not. My question is, to make a long story short (too late!), where can I find out if those contributions several years ago were deducted? Whether or not they were impacts how much money in taxes I pay for the next 4 years re. the Roth conversion. I really don't want to have to contact my ex-husband to find this out and I don't have copies of the returns we filed jointly. Thank you & sorry for so long a question.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.