Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I will be helping someone with taxes next month, who receives SS disability pay. Is this taxable income?
What sort of investments would be taxable?
How much interest needs to be worried about if any was in savings?
If there are IRA's that are not "available yet" because the person is not yet of age, can they be ignored?

I don't know a lot of details yet, but I wanted to put the question out there and will hopefully have more info in a week or a few.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.