Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I want to start an investment club. IRS Publication 550 seems to allow investment clubs to incorporate and to be taxed as corporations.

If so, is the first $50,000 of gains taxed at the corporate rate which is much lower than the individual rate?

Also, if the investment club only has 2 shareholders, does it run into the personal holding company problem?

Please help me. Thanks.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.