Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My son still working on his income tax. He seems can't get a W-2 form from his employer (he is a college student and only worked about 32 hours in 2013), can he file income tax without this information?

Is it possible to get a refund even though he has some income and not have much deduction? So far he will get some refund and I am wondering is it possible (not paying income tax, but get refund) or he must does something wrong in the income tax return? Cathy
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.