Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I plan on filing chapter 7. My question is, I plan to use my tax return to pay for a lawyer and filing fee for court. I've see in some posts that the tax return is taken, is it ok to file this month and get the return and spend it or should I save up and then go to the lawyer. Also can anyone tell me what the filing fee is for chapter 7 and also I live in New York City and what would the going rate be for a lawyer to charge, so I will know what to pay or really expect to pay and if they are giving me a overpriced quote. Thanks for any help and advice.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.