Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I thought all the TurboTax software would go on sale after the 15th.

I was going to try and duplicate what my tax person did and then be able to update next year...

Ah, well.
Print the post Back To Top
The H&R Block software is normally cheaper earlier. Procastination isn't rewarded. The demand doesn't end with April 15th, many have filed extensions.

I buy it either through Amazon or at Costco. It is cheaper than directly from H&R Block.
No. of Recommendations: 3
The H&R Block software is normally cheaper earlier. Procastination isn't rewarded. The demand doesn't end with April 15th, many have filed extensions.

The online version of TaxAct Deluxe is free.

The online version of TaxAct Deluxe is free.

This could be useful for the OP. Since it is a training return, no personal information would need to be entered.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I paid $18 for TaxAct for FY 2012; I think that includes one state as well. Maybe it is cheaper now. Got it direct from them. This is the version I downloaded to my machine and includes one free e-filing for the federal return, but state return e-filing is a little extra.
If you use Vanguard they provide significant discounts that are downloadable. It depends on amount invested at Vanguard, but I remember it beating all on-line prices.

Bob
RYR Home Fool
I need the highest end one. I have an LLC...
No. of Recommendations: 3
I need the highest end one. I have an LLC...

Unless your LLC is filing a 1065 or 1120 the most basic 1040 program will fill your needs.

If your LLC is filing a 1065 or 1120 I can't imagine why you'd invest your energy into learning this rather than spending that time improving or selling your mousetrap.

Phil
Rule Your Retirement Home Fool