Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
This year I have about $3800/- in tax returns. That's about $316/- in tax overpayment every month in 2003.

My wife is a home maker and we have two infants.

Would it be wise on my part to chagne my tax withholding elections so that this year (2004) that $316/- more will be available as additional income? (((Please assume I will not change my tax savings account contributions to 401(k), Health Care Spending A/C etc.

What should I be careful about when changing my tax withholding?

How can I make sure to avoid underpayment of taxes?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.