No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello, I have a question I hope someone here can help with. We bought a new house 2 years ago and moved out of our old house we owned and were living in for the 15 years prior. We didn't sell the old house and haven't rented it in the interim. We're now looking to sell it, and will end up with a profit. Is this simple to report at tax time? I'm familiar with reporting stock gains, and am guessing this is analogous, but how specifically do I report the gain? Thanks for any advice.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.