Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm single, self-employed with under $30,000 taxable earnings. It appears a better retirement investment strategy for me is to use high growth stocks with potential capital gains in ROTH IRA and use the high yield stocks in taxable accounts. I think this is better for my situation with taxable income under $34,000 that may be tax free in 2011 tax rate extension.

This way I can make future SEP IRA contributions from dividends on taxable investments that will be tax-free as a result of both 2011 tax extension and SEP IRA deductions.

Is the correct and am I on the right track?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.