Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I'd like to know if there is a way to minimize taxes on profits if I sell stock in a standard taxable account? The only reason I want to sell it is to put the funds in my ROTH. The stocks have done really well but they have become ripe and I can put the money to better use. I'd like to work my non-taxed account but I don't know the best way to get it from one to the other without being taxed on the profits. Is this possible?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.