Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
TBH, we would not want a townhouse; too close to other people. But YOU like it, so that's great -- and all that matters!

Well, we lived on Long Island for decades and didn't have much to do with our neighbors. We lived in Brooklyn for 8 years and our apartment building had 110 units. The strange thing was that you could go months without seeing someone you knew.
We live in a townhouse down the block from our daughter and two grandkids BUT my husband said that if anything happened to me, and he was on his own, he'd buy a farm in NH or Maine.
We are introverts ourselves and I can see us living on a farm now because we have a dog that we have to take out several times a day on a street that is very heavily trafficked.
We could buy a farm for less money than we paid for this little house.
Something to think about.
Also, as the kids get older and their busy little schedules increase, we see them less and less. I had no idea that in the 2 1/2 years we lived close to them that this would happen. Daughter will go back to work and maybe, just maybe, we will get a glimpse of them driving down the block past our house OR see them on holidays.
They have their own lives.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.