Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I was wondering if anyone had any experience dealing with Tcf National or US Bank---I am about to move to MN and these banks seem to have the best deals in the areas I am looking at.

ARR
Print the post Back To Top
I was wondering if anyone had any experience dealing with Tcf National or US Bank---I am about to move to MN and these banks seem to have the best deals in the areas I am looking at.

I am based in MN and have an account with TCF. I chose the bank for low fees and presence of an extensive ATM network. I also signed up for bill pay $5.95/10 transactions which seems kinda high now that many banks are offering free online bill pay. I might keep this account for ATM use and switch to a bank with free online bill pay.
I also signed up for bill pay $5.95/10 transactions which seems kinda high now that many banks are offering free online bill pay.

That's the nice part about the online banks. Online bill pay has been free all along. I use First IB and even though they have switched to Check Free as their provider it still works very well. Save that six bucks a month and go online. Sure it's only six buck a month but that comes out to $72 a year. Whose pocket would you rather that be in?

I might keep this account for ATM use and switch to a bank with free online bill pay.

That is what I do. My check is deposited automatically into my checking account at First IB and I use USAA Bank's free ACH function to move what I need to my B&M for ATM access. If you don't want an account at USAA or can't get one you can also use Yahoo's Cash Edge service. It is a bit slower but it does work.

UKBB