Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
Thanks for setting up this new board.

I've attended several Tea Party events and I'm here to tell you they were wonderful. A real blessing. To be with people who believe as you do and give you 100% backing is a wonderful feeling.

But I'm concerned that some people are trying to make the Tea Party into something it was never intended to be, namely a national organization.

To me the thing that makes the Tea Party so cool is that it DOESN'T have any formal organization. Just America loving patriots working on the local level towards a set of common goals. Smaller government, etc., y'all know the drill.

But what is the National Tea Party Federation http://www.thenationalteapartyfederation.com/ ? Did y'all see the news that the NTPF kicked a guy named Mark Williams our because of a blog he wrote? Williams belongs to the Tea Party Express, another semi-national organization. http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/archives/215052.as...

I don't want this to turn into a book but there are several national Tea Party organizations that, IMHO, are trying to take over the Tea Party. Even Michelle Bachman, who I love dearly, is trying to create a Tea Party caucus in the House.

I hope the Tea Party does not self destruct with all the people trying to help it become something it was never meant to be.

Sorry for length.

Charlie Brown
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.