Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 17
For anyone fighting against having a smartphone, you may want to rethink it or at least get a wifi enabled tablet. Right now, in many places, if you have to be admitted to the hospital for any reason, you are likely not to be allowed ANY visitors. Many have wifi and that could be the way to connect with family and friends.

You can continue to rail against technology for what ever reason but please consider the above.

Personally, it's been a long time (9-10 years) since I was in that situation with a relative and although I could be in the hospital(s), it was amazingly helpful particularly because I was dealing with significant time zone differences as well.

I currently have a friend in the hospital and happy that he does have access to technology.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
For anyone fighting against having a smartphone, you may want to rethink it or at least get a wifi enabled tablet. Right now, in many places, if you have to be admitted to the hospital for any reason, you are likely not to be allowed ANY visitors. Many have wifi and that could be the way to connect with family and friends.

In the past, I've always been worried about taking such technology with me to the hospital, for the fear of it being easy to have it stolen.
No. of Recommendations: 1
In the past, I've always been worried about taking such technology with me to the hospital, for the fear of it being easy to have it stolen.

Right now, if you are admitted, it may be your only link to the *outside world.*

peace & something cheap
t
Remember having to just lay in the hospital bead and - ghasp - watch television?

xtn
No. of Recommendations: 2
It probably wouldn't hurt to bring a charger too.
It probably wouldn't hurt to bring a charger too.

Plus an external battery in case power is not conveniently located.
A charger was somewhat assumed and I wouldn't suggest an external battery. Too many electronics in use in a hospital.

The point of my original post was for people to have the means to communicate with family whatever circumstances put them in the hospital but I was especially thinking of family being able to be at the final moments through face time or whatever.

It never had to do with entertainment.
"It never had to do with entertainment. "

I read it as "Pressure Swing Adsorption" and could not figure out where you
were headed.

Howie52
Our hospital has a phone in each room, if needed.

Our ancient TracFone still works otherwise. Does nothing but answer calls and dial numbers when we need it. Usually shut off, too, actually. No texting or whatever here.

Vermonter