Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
techreports:

you questioned:
"And if you don't mind, explain why PLUG couldn't enter the same field Ballard is in."

They are essentially using identical PEM technology and IMHO are therefore directly competitive. If interested you may review the informative co. web at:

http:www.plugpower.com/news/view-Article.cfm?id=41

(have BLDP:watching PLUG)

Both co.s have recently completed exhaustive trial test in conjunction with auto mfg. and local and state govt.s as well as similar joint efforts in Canada and Europe. Refer to "recent news" on their respective web pages. I have not analyzed the comparative financials between the two co.s but intend to do so as time permits. I have the impression, PLUG is perhaps slightly ahead in revenues. Some of this analysis requires an understanding of the various govt. grants and funding, etc.

I am not aware of any activity by PLUG in the wireless telecom. field. BLDP's tech in the field was my chief reason for investing in that co.--in an effort to play this game at the infrastructure level rather in such "edge" co.s as PALM, or for that matter MOT, Nokia, etc. For my purposes, this is at the least an execution-game, if not a Royal game as well. Not that the Royal game co.s are to be disregarded. On the other hand, I have enough of them already by default, having aquired them prior to understanding the Gorilla Game principles.

Well, this became longer than intended, so I'll leave off any link to BLDP and their dd stuff. Hope this helped. PLUG will answer your questions about explosive risks, etc.

poweringoff, knee

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.