Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I for the most part have always been very encouraged by information I recieve from Motley Fool, until today when I read your article influencing teen agers to get into debt and start a life of continuous digging. This is the type of dependancy our children will acquire when we teach them at an early age to spend what they don't have. Why not encourage our children to save and buy with what they have? Or how about teaching them some fundamentals about investing? This gives me the impression that Fool is attacking the younger generation for its own financial bliss and not for the best interest of todays future investors. There will be very limited investment in the future if the next generation or two has all debt and no money for investment. The same investements from the same type of people who have supported Motley Fool.
I am a subscriber to Fool Advisor and also considered joining Hidden Gems, but this makes it difficult for me to consider any longer - I feel misled.

P.S. After discussion with people whom have seen your article, they also agree this is the wrong direction.

Concerned Parent,
Scooter Cocanougher

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.