Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Nice and warm in TX.....77 deg outside.

Got the fire ant bug stuff and zapped a nest out in the front yard..one of the downsides of living in TX and 'the south'......they'll be dead by morning..or the queen will and that zaps the nest....

Then off to the library 1/2 mile away to vote. Hopped in car..well, it's about 0.7 miles.....parked next to nice SUV with Romney/Ryan sticker in rear window...... got into the mood real quick.

Walked inside library....2 people in line in front of me. Had to wait all of 60 seconds....took my license, looked it up fast, gave me voter card, had to sign the voter roll.....

then wandered over to empty machine.....stuck in the E-card...voted in less than 3 minutes...and handed in the E-card and was out the door.

Folks indicated very steady stream of voters...about 5 voting while I was there and 2-3 a minute coming in the door to vote.

Early voting started today in TX....about 3 or 4 places to vote in Plano....plus most of surrounding towns had 3 or 4 or more to vote.

Downside is it is 8-5 in most places....

13 million eligible voters in TX....wonder if Obama will get his 55% including double voters and ineligible voter and dead voters? Knowing his sleaze, he'd be happy with only 14.2 million votes for Obama....

I can watch the debates tonight without any worries of a 'gaffe' by Romney.

Supposedly Trump has a big October surprise coming up for Obama......should be interesting.

-----

Donald Trump said Monday that he will reveal “very big” news about President Barack Obama by Wednesday but declined to give any hints about his plan, he said on “Fox & Friends.”

“Something very, very big concerning the president of the United States,” he said. “It’s going to be very big. I know one thing — you will cover it in a very big fashion.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82701.html#ixzz2A2...

t.
Print the post Back To Top
I wish I could vote early, but no early voting in Michigan other than absentee. Then again there are a bunch of elections on the ballot that I haven't even figured out yet (school board, university regents which is a BIG one for me personally as I'm under their thumbs so to speak, I think I have the judges figured out and I know I have the ballot proposals figured out!)

Ironically I don't even know who is running in my congressional district. My rep is Dingell, as in the guy who has been in Congress longer than my parents have been alive! There is a sacrificial GOP lamb going up againt him this year (not always the case) but she won't win. I'll vote for her but it's basically just a symbolic vote.

I don't know if Romney will win Michigan. I hope so, but there are still lots and lots and lots of Dems in SE Michigan. Detroit is shrinking, though not all of those people are leaving the state and are bringing their ignorant voting patterns with them to other parts of SE Michigan. That and the various ballot proposals could increase the union voter turnout. I hope not, other than the proposal to keep the Emergency Manager law in place I want all the unionista proposals to fail and fail badly so they don't even think about trying to game the state's Constitution in their favor again.

At least there's a chance Romney could carry Michigan. If so he'll have Ohio and Iowa I bet and the route will be on!
There's something NOT RIGHT about early voting! Can't put my finger on why I feel uneasy about it, but seems to me that knowing the outcome of early voting affects the actual Election Day results.
CcinOC:"There's something NOT RIGHT about early voting! Can't put my finger on why I feel uneasy about it, but seems to me that knowing the outcome of early voting affects the actual Election Day results. "

SO you think folks should have to wait hours in line at crowded polling places in a last minute rush to vote?

Heck, one of these years it will be all on line using an secure iPhone APP.

There's nothing wrong with early voting. It's a convenience. Just think of all the seniors and handicapped who would struggle (and will) to vote on 'election day'.

Folks have already made up their minds. Obama's been campaigning for 4 years. Romney for 4 months.

Unless Obama does something stupid like start a war 3 days before the election since he is loosing and needs to be a 'war time' president to get re elected.....no one is going to change their minds now.

It's very right.

The question might be why would any state not allow early voting?

In the 'old day's the vote would take weeks/months to reach DC....where the Electoral College would meet...and decide who was president...well, two months ..from election day until early January.....

What, you want the drama of long lines? You don't want seniors getting to the polls? You want people who have to travel on their job not be able to vote?

t
I don't mind early voting; it's revealing the results that's not right.
There's something NOT RIGHT about early voting! Can't put my finger on why I feel uneasy about it, but seems to me that knowing the outcome of early voting affects the actual Election Day results.

I believe that generally the rules don't allow the ballots to be tabulated until after the polls close on election day. That's the way it is with absentee ballots in Washington, anyway.

(Counting who shows up, would be tough to stop. But that doesn't reliably tell you how the vote is going.)
13 million eligible voters in TX....wonder if Obama will get his 55% including double voters and ineligible voter and dead voters? Knowing his sleaze, he'd be happy with only 14.2 million votes for Obama....

I can watch the debates tonight without any worries of a 'gaffe' by Romney.

Supposedly Trump has a big October surprise coming up for Obama......should be interesting.

Absolutely meaningless. To vote individually for a presidential election in Texas does nothing. Texas will always go Republican....by a wide margin....by the millions and millions. Nice to know you contributed tele.

Same thing with New York or California.....they will vote Democrat by the millions and millions.

But the irony is that people will vote by the millions even though they realize that, individually, they make no difference.....but like mice and monkey, they show up, and pour on the numbers as usual.

Isn't it great?? Those of us who understand numbers and stats are carried by those who don't??
Tele voted!

Good for you! Now if your toilet overflows on Election Day, you can give it your undivided attention. <grin>

-andrew, glad the debates are all over with