Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
telegrah said
In the town I live in , you can join the town 'rec center' for $40/yr. Has exercise room with 12 Natilus type machines, half dozen exercise bikes, 1/4 mile indoor walking/jog/run track with 3 lanes, basket ball courts.

That's a good deal for the money. My city needs to play catch-up!

and if you have a bike, there are 100 miles of bike trails here as well (and you can walk on them).

We're in good shape there--an ex-mayor was a avid biker so he put in miles of bike trails along the streets. Now if we could just get the drivers more bike friendly... So I try to ride off the streets as much as possible.

Another idea for low cost exercise:

I have following items which are cheap, don't take up much room and add a little variety to my aerobic routine:

- Exercise tapes (Taebo's my favorite)
- Rebounder (It's a mini-trampoline)
- Reebok slide
- Step
- Jump rope

I also have a treadmill in my home. While it wasn't cheap, at least there's no additional costs, save electricity to run it and periodic maintenance.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.