Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
Tell me. Why would you link a post that shows how diametrically opposed my attitude is to the red-faced screamers as support for your assertion that I am no different than they?

dear Jim,

if you will stop foaming and frothing yourself for a minute, you will actually READ my post and see that it is not so much a CRITICISM of YOU, but an EXAMPLE of how posts and/or statements taken out of context can be shown to display an apparent aggressive and unpleasant behaviour on the part of the poster and that this can be done to anyone including yourself!

That was the whole point of the excercise - I can demonstrate that you call people "loon" and other such stuff and out of context, this makes you appear not so tolerant of anything at all.

Now, in response to your post, you have made yourself out to be quite the crusader, "dismasting" people left right and centre albeit, some of us would be reluctant to agree on who dismasted whom.

Nevertheless, the point I was making is why berate a Fool for posts he madewithin a context we cannot now follow, instead of looking at his achievement? If you can't follow that line of argument then I'm sorry, but we will evidently have to agree to disagree. I am well aware of your tolerance in general towards muslims, of the fact that you have muslim friends etc etc. But the fact remains, that you have also, in the heat of an argument called people names and slurred their character, which, if you must know, I am OK with, because that's what we tend to do on PA - and I have been guilty of it myself. It doesn't make you a bad persone, nor Mish in my opinion.

Now, I also know that you are an "endemic helper and giver of advice". Fine - you do a great job supporting people and one day, I may come to ask for your help with one of my friggin' computers. But between us, though laudable, your contributions to the board pale in comparison to Mishedlo's so, I revert to my original point.

Regards

Ahote
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.