Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 345
This is an open message to Osama Bin Laden, to the Taliban, to the Palestinans and to all organizations and individuals that support terrorism or participate in terrorist acts.

I am an American. I have never been more proud to be an American. Today we have reacted with personal and individual strength to your puny attempts to frighten us. You did not see beaten and bloody capitulation today, and you will not see it tomorrow. Our country will continue to support political allies of our own choosing. Our citizens will continue to work, travel, and pursue our own lives every day, in spite of your efforts. We did not become the great and powerful nation that we are by cowering when a bully takes action against us.

We are not afraid. Your acts will only serve to harden our hearts against your cause. Your acts will only serve to harden our resolve to destroy you. Your acts will only serve to coalesce our individual citizens into one strong American body.

We pray for those whose lives you took. You should pray early and often for your own.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Beautiful message!!!!

God Bless America!
No. of Recommendations: 1
Wow. Just wish we could rec more than once.

Thanks for putting into words what many of us feel.

Kris
We pray for those whose lives you took.

I pray for those, who lost loved one's!

Janny
Divnfool...

Wonderfully said! And I guess I should have posted this here, adding it to your address....
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=15729415

1ncbitin
divnfool:

Thank you for saying that. Those are exactly my thoughts.
"You should pray early and often for your own."

And I would suggest that, for the sake of your own eternal peace, you should plan on sleeping in the desert for the foreseeable future. But of course that will only postpone the inevitable.

Ray

No. of Recommendations: 4
"I am 56 years old and a Vietnam vet who saw many of his friends killed.......and for what?"

I am a 48 year old Vietnam Vet who also saw friends killed. I couldn't disagree with you more, but I would continue the fight to allow you the right to spew your pabulum.

Your half-truths and misconceptions are blatantly obvious.

Invasion of Iraq? Invasion of Grenada? The bombing of Libya? You make no mention of what led to these and other justified actions of our military forces.

I don't know how you educated yourself, but it's an education that's woefully flawed.

Finally, don't bore me with a reply. I've really got better things to do with my time than read more of the same tired nonsense.

And I would suggest that, for the sake of your own eternal peace, you should plan on sleeping in the desert for the foreseeable future. But of course that will only postpone the inevitable.

Oh, I thought you were gonna say it would get him used to what he'd be facing after his death.

- Kilbia
who actually believes in reincarnation, so is hoping it's possible for people to be reincarnated as toilets or some such.
No. of Recommendations: 5
I too am an American and proud of it. The terroist attacks against America comprise a horrible tragedy. But they should not be a surprise.

Our Foreign policy has been insane for decades. It was only a matter of time until Americans would have to suffer personally for it. It is a terrible tragedy of life that the innocent so often have to suffer for the sins of the guilty.

When will we learn that we can't allow our politicians to bully the world without someone bullying back eventually?

President Bush has authorized continued bombing of innocent people in Iraq. President Clinton bombed innocent people in the Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Serbia. President Bush Senior invaded Iraq and Panama. President Reagan bombed innocent people in Libya and invaded Grenada. And on and on it goes.

Did we think the people who lost their families and friends and property in all that destruction would love Ameica for what happened?

When will we learn that violence always begets violence?

Supposedly, Regan bombed Libya to teach Muammar al-Qaddafi a lesson about terrorism. But shortly thereafter a TWA plane was destroyed over Scotland, and our goverment is convinced it was Libyans who did it.

When will we learn that "teaching someone a lesson" never teaches anything but resentment - that it only inspires the recipient to greater acts of defiance.

How many times on Tuesday did we hear someone describe the terrorist attacks as "cowardly acts"? But as misguided and despicable as they were, they were anything but cowardly. The people who committed them knowingly gave their lives for whatever stupid beliefs they held.

But what about the American presidents who order bombings of innocent people - while the presidents remain completely insulated from any danger? What would you call their acts?

When will we learn that forsaking truth and reason in the heat of battle almost always assures that we will lose the battle?

What should be done?

First of all, stop the hysteria. Stand back and ask how this could have happened. Ask how a prosperous country isolated by two oceans could have so embroiled itself in other people's business that someone would want to do us harm. Even sitting in the middle of Europe, Switzerland isn't beset by terrorist attacks, because the Swiss mind their own business.

Second, resolve that we won't let our leaders use this occasion to commit their own terrorist acts upon more innocent people, foreign and domestic, that will inspire more terrorist attacks in the future.

Third, find a way, with enforceable constitutional limits, to prevent our leaders from ever again provoking this kind of anger against America.

There are those who will say this article is unpatriotic and un-American - that this is not a time to question our country or our leaders. When will we learn that without freedom and sanity, there is no reason to be patriotic?

I served in Vietnam and watched while many friends were maimed or killed........and for what? We were over there because we initially trusted our government. We all know now how deadly wrong we were in not questioning our position in Vietnam and questioning our leaders who sent us over there.

No. of Recommendations: 2
In each of the events that you mention, the U.S. did not initiate the evil but attempted to stop it. These leaders or nation were being “bullies “ on others and much like a policeman the U.S. attempted to stop them. The U.S. has spent the last half of the prior century standing up to bullies who attack and perpetrated evil on small nations or people. (i.e. Nazis, Communism, etc….)

Furthermore, you conveniently left out our use of force to end evil against the Muslims in Yugoslavia.

In Vietnam we started will a noble but poorly executed goal, to keep Vietnam free from communism. If we would have succeed I have no doubt that the people of the lower half of that country would now be enjoying a similar prosperity and freedom enjoyed by South Korean.

We are the government. To not trust the government is not to trust ourselves. Only liberals attempt to make the distinction and create the separation between the government and its people (i.e.… government's money vs. our money)

And now you seek to place responsibility of civility on the victim rather than the initiator of evil. We have a right for vengeance. Only because we are noble and compassionate people will we restrain ourselves (as we have done so many times before).

You are completely right you're article is COMPLETELY unpatriotic.

And for being a complete idiot, for twisting events to suit you own agenda, as well as completely unpatriotic it is off to the penalty box for you…

He he
No. of Recommendations: 2
The American Government and it's policies may not be perfect, but everytime there is a tragedy around the world Americans are the first to respond in money, food and resources. I didn't realize that Germany was innocent in WWII or Japan for that matter and their people supported their efforts. If not for our country we would all be speaking German. Vietnam was a fiasco I agree. If you think that we were attacked because of our Goverenment's past decisions better think twice. We were attacked because these extremists hate our guts. They hate Christians, Jews or any other religion that is not Islam. They hate our society or riches and our freedom. They hide in the dark like roaches and kill innocent people "all over the world". They don't give a damned the nationality. They are cowards. If we pulled out now and abandoned Israel and just kept to ourselves, do you really think they would stop. They hate our way of life and their twisted religious interpretations would still make us the enemy.

Pete