Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
For startups one key to success is positive cash flow. Growth requires a lot of cash for plant and equipment, R&D, S&M, etc. Tesla insurance can be a powerful source of cash flow. In the linked video one of the first things they talk about is Warren Buffett's love of insurance float as a source of investing capital.

In an ideal situation an insurance company breaks even on the risk side of the business and generates profits from the investing side. The video goes into the ways Tesla can beat the competition with better actuarial and personal data so I won't cover that. Having been an insurance agent I can talk about the savings of not having insurance agents and brokers. I used to be paid a 30% commission on individual policies and 15% on collective policies. I don't know what insurance agents and brokers are paid in America but the savings can lower premiums considerably creating a terrific competitive advantage.

But the real benefit is the low cost of money to finance growth as Tesla competes with larger incumbent automakers. There are so many facets to Tesla that naysayers ignore which support the seemingly outrageous stock price.

Denny Schlesinger

Tesla Insurance Will Dominate & Transform The Insurance Industry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn58tQJjC5w
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.