No. of Recommendations: 2
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott responded to today’s Supreme Court decision striking down Section 4 of the 1965 Voting Rights Act by implementing Texas’ voter ID law. The Texas legislature had passed that law in 2011, only to have the Obama-Holder Justice Department put it on ice while challenging it under the Voting Rights Act.

Appearing on the Janine Turner Show today, Abbott was jubilant.

“This is a huge win for the Constitution and for equality in this country,” Abbott said. “Before today, different states were treated differently under the Constitution. The Voting Rights Act is the only law that was used to impose disparate or different kind of treatment. Specifically, Texas was called out and treated differently than other states.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/06/25/texas-ag-tells-janine-t...

Other than maybe one 90 year old without photo ID, it should stop 98% of the voter fraud or allow them to be prosecuted for presenting false ID......and that 1 in 100,000 90 year old grannie will likely be helped by some ACORN type to get a photo ID anyway. As if the 90 year old grannie didn't live in a nursing home where they'd take care of it, if needed, too....

Yeah, TX.....leading the way....boot the feds in the butt...get them out of our lives...

t.
Print the post Back To Top
we've had it here in Va. for some time because when I was working at the precinct, I had to ask for ID. I was shocked by so many men leaving their wallets in their car.

The only ones who are against ID's are the ones most likely to commit voter fraud.

LD
I was shocked by so many men leaving their wallets in their car.

It is odd... I mean men have these things called "pockets" where wallets fit rather well, almost as if the rear pockets were MADE for wallets!

I don't go anywhere without my wallet, not only because I may need what is in it but, hey, I work in crime analysis and can't tell you how many wallets I've seen stolen. Wait, actually I can! That number is 549 and counting since 1/1/2008. A surprising number have had social security cards in them, so between that and the person's ID it's basically the perfect recipe for identity theft.

I sure as hell wouldn't leave my wallet in my car! I don't leave anything in my car that I wouldn't be terribly upset to see stolen because, frankly, a car is a terrible safe. They're easy to break into, nobody pays any attention to car alarms and it takes mere seconds to get in, get what you want and get away. You might as well just toss your wallet into the street if you're going to leave it in the car! Same goes for mobile GPS units, cell phones, etc. Your car is basically a moving crime scene waiting to be activated.
No. of Recommendations: 14
we've had it here in Va. for some time because when I was working at the precinct, I had to ask for ID. I was shocked by so many men leaving their wallets in their car.

The only ones who are against ID's are the ones most likely to commit voter fraud.

LD

This particular issue, is the issue that broke the camel's back for me.

This is the one where I realized they actually were not good people with a few bad ideas, But bad people in general.

Frankly, I do not thin anyone is actually stupid enough to think that checking ID in an even handed manner is discriminatory. I just do not beleive it. That means there are other motives, or if not motives a set of beliefs that makes them see evil and address it where none exists and in so doing, to do evil.

I can not believe people of good faith have a problem with requiring solid voter ID. Once you realize the depth of lying that they will go do in order to jstify one opinion, and track down that there is a lie beneath every single lib point you find questionable over a 6 month period. there is no way to ever argue a point as if they are on the up and up

There is no voter fraud. Requiring voter ID is unconstitutional.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Once you realize the depth of lying that they will go do in order to jstify one opinion, and track down that there is a lie beneath every single lib point you find questionable over a 6 month period. there is no way to ever argue a point as if they are on the up and up

Lies are just the means to an end, for a liberal. They really don't have a problem telling whatever tales they need to in order to maintain power. Look at the glee with which they savaged Romney last year. They made him out to have practically killed a man's wife, and the so-called 'fact checkers' barely raised an eyebrow. But when Romney said Obama eliminated the work requirement for welfare (which I conclusively demonstrated to be only a half-step removed from literal truth -- Obama paved the way for states to create programs that were absolutely prohibited by the law, and which would allow them to skirt the work requirement), Romney was called a liar by these 'fact checkers'.

Liberals lie, because they have to. Anyone of moderate intelligence and solid character (as in, not bribed by handouts or likely to be by virtue of whatever tripe the liberals are peddling) who is given the facts of an issue will find it impossible to side with liberals on any issue involving the economy or national security (I freely admit that reasonable people can disagree on social issues). Liberal goals are not aligned with those that would make America a stronger country.
..here is how it is discriminatory...

The Texas law would allow a NRA photo ID but not a college ID... explain why one should be better than the other...

In Florida, you can use many forms of IDs... even community IDs... unless that was change in the last legislative session..
No. of Recommendations: 0
BS alert.
It is odd... I mean men have these things called "pockets" where wallets fit rather well, almost as if the rear pockets were MADE for wallets!

Sitting with a big lump under one hipbone is bad for your posture, hips, and backs. I stopped putting my wallet in my hip pocket more than 30 years ago... it goes in my front pocket instead. But that means I can't possibly leave it in the car unless I take it out in the car - which I rarely do.
..here is how it is discriminatory...

The Texas law would allow a NRA photo ID but not a college ID... explain why one should be better than the other...

In Florida, you can use many forms of IDs... even community IDs... unless that was change in the last legislative session..

nyua

>>>>>>>>>>
don't you think they probably have other picture ID's? my gawd, there's a big industry in fake ID's....you know those boozing college kids and others.
Liberal goals are not aligned with those that would make America a stronger country.

That must be why there have been fewer terrorist attacks and more illegals deported under Obama than Bush.

Another conservative lie defeated by the facts.
Another conservative lie defeated by the facts.

Another worthless, unsubstantiated rebuttal.
I can not believe people of good faith have a problem with requiring solid voter ID.

So long as it's not enacted right before an election, and you give people time to get the ID before it's needed, sure, I agree.

If you can't manage to set aside time to get an ID within 3 or 4 months, then I'm not sure that voting is really that important to you.
No. of Recommendations: 18
There is no voter fraud. Requiring voter ID is unconstitutional. - FMNH

That's a lie! Two actually!!
No. of Recommendations: 16
Louisiana has had a voter ID law since I was able to register and vote in 1982. Most people use their driver's license. If one doesn't drive, they can go to the DMV and they'll supply a non-driving ID. Over the past 30 years, no one really cried racism, voter suppression, etc. until the past couple of years when Obozo et al started pontificating.

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 6
Frankly, I do not thin anyone is actually stupid enough to think that checking ID in an even handed manner is discriminatory.

My father is 93. He gave up driving 5 years ago and does not have a driver's license. He lives in an assisted living facility, and is generally "confined" to the place. He can walk outside; he can even take the facility's shuttle bus to the grocery store, but they don't do "custom road trips." If he wants a government issued picture ID, he must figure out a way to get it. Of course my sister can take a day off from work, and that is probably what will happen, but then there are lots of people there without "a daughter" or anyone else who visits them.

My father in law is 89. He refuses to sell his car even though he hasn't driven it in years. His license expired last year, making is presumably invalid for voting purposes. He lives with my sister-in-law, who works three jobs (two part-time teaching, weekends are basic nursing chores for an on-call agency.) She can take a day off from work, too, I suppose, and that is also probably what will happen.

But if you don't think there are entire groups which have a harder time than others in conforming to rules which are enshrined to combat this nearly non-existent problem, then you have no ability to empathize with anyone but your own little circle of like-minded friends.

As it turns out, I am in favor of good voter registration and voting procedures, but I am also willing to pay the cost of those - which include much longer times and open days during voting, zero-cost ID's, and even authorizing a few vetted independent groups (League of Women Voters, for instance) to make house calls and take care of the paperwork and bureaucracy that some groups have difficulty navigating.

Both of the men in the examples above, BTW, are staunch Republicans - and this mania about "voter fraud" is most likely to cut them off. So congratulations on that.

No. of Recommendations: 10
As it turns out, I am in favor of good voter registration and voting procedures, but I am also willing to pay the cost of those - which include much longer times and open days during voting, zero-cost ID's, and even authorizing a few vetted independent groups (League of Women Voters, for instance) to make house calls and take care of the paperwork and bureaucracy that some groups have difficulty navigating.

Both of the men in the examples above, BTW, are staunch Republicans - and this mania about "voter fraud" is most likely to cut them off. So congratulations on that.

I do not know what you are congratulating anyone on.

Most people are not as corrupt as you on oh so many levels.

You just ignore so much obvious stuff, that is is such a waste to hear your garbage in general.

You do EXACTLY here, what you do in all your posts that the idiots just eat up. You make this assumption because how things are today works a certain way, that if the situation were marginally different it would not work another way.

Had we had voter registation and going forward, it is a no brainer to have people who surrender their license to maintain a simple ID. Had they known it was needed they would already have it.

Folks in any assisted living facility would as they make all road trips, make one to get well how do ya like that -- voter IDs!!!!!!!!!! What a concept!

Folks that have no IDs the few of them out there, and I have to say were you here I wold be laughing in your face because of course your life is overrun with them, can get IDs it is not hard. If they can not, then getting out to vote is likely pretty close to impossible to. It just is not that hard. Even in situation were they true like yours, it is simply not difficult and were they not in group facilities it really should not be hard either, as no one who has forwarded any ID on this topic has not wanted to ensure it was easy to get everyone with an ID at no cost.

Unless we were all morons and handle this as ObamaCare was handled and as Immigration reform is being handled we could in a responsible manner make sure that there is a way for all to have IDs as in making change you need to accomodate the outliers and put procedures in place that make it hard to not have an ID unless you do so intentionally.

Not everyone is stupid, not everyone believes that change will mean everything is different, but it is all still the same as you forward time after absurd time.
No. of Recommendations: 10
Unless we were all morons and handle this as ObamaCare was handled and as Immigration reform is being handled we could in a responsible manner make sure that there is a way for all to have IDs as in making change you need to accomodate the outliers and put procedures in place that make it hard to not have an ID unless you do so intentionally.

BTW, I expect there would be some expense involved with getting the non ID folks IDs

SO we may have to cancel one of Obama's vacations and the 100 million should cover it.

He can blame it on me, he can get up in a State of the Union address and tell everyone that I am like doctors doing unneeded surgeries and Republicans not voting on a bill after it was porked up that they were for before it was porked up, it can all be my fault.
No. of Recommendations: 8

BTW, I expect there would be some expense involved with getting the non ID folks IDs

SO we may have to cancel one of Obama's vacations and the 100 million should cover it.
-----------------------------------------------------
I think Nikki Haley in SC offered free rides to go get an ID card, and i think the ID's were free too. 27 people took her up on it. It's not about ID's though, it's just a little game we're forced to play, it's about leaving the vote fraud door open.
No. of Recommendations: 7
I think Nikki Haley in SC offered free rides to go get an ID card, and i think the ID's were free too. 27 people took her up on it. It's not about ID's though, it's just a little game we're forced to play, it's about leaving the vote fraud door open.

Nahhhhhhh

Didn't you read GoofyasAllGetOut?

Heck he met an entire army of folks that can't get IDs!

He is such a concerned citizen, and although he will join the chorus and sing racism, that it bothers him that people need IDs, of course they are all Republicans that need IDs, because all old rickety people are hard core Republicans.

It is amazing how people eat this garbage up.
There is no voter fraud. Requiring voter ID is unconstitutional. - FMNH

How is it possible for someone to be so extraordinarily ignorant? Do suffer from illiteracy FMNH?

I encourage FMNH to run with scissors.
How is it possible for someone to be so extraordinarily ignorant?

The same way he'd get to Carnegie Hall - practice, practice, practice.
No. of Recommendations: 6

What is an NRA photo ID? I'm a life member of the NRA... my ID doesn't have a photo on it. Now my state-issued Concealed Pistol License does have a photo on it. I also had to go through a background check (including being fingerprinted) and pay $105 to get it, so it's actually a more stringent ID than my Michigan Operator License (aka driver's license).

College ID? That's a joke, right? I work for a campus police department, this past week we've confiscated two college IDs from a trespasser who is an alum but has NO current affiliation with campus. She just goes in, pays her $20, gets an ID and can get into buildings. They have virtually zero controls over who gets IDs. We've tested the security of the system... as long as you somewhat resemble the person you can walk into any college ID office and ask for an ID for that person. In fact if the picture doesn't look like you they'll take another picture without verifying your ID in any way, shape, manner or form! Calling a college ID a "valid" ID is ridiculous! They hand them out like candy to anyone with $20! We don't even consider them valid forms of ID, and we work for the entity that issues them! They don't have DOB nor addresses nor descriptors nor seals or ANYTHING ELSE THAT CONSTITUTES A VALID STATE ISSUED FORM OF ID!

Hell no they shouldn't accept college ID as proof of citizenship, you don't have to be a citizen at all to get one! Why is that concept so difficult for liberals to understand? If the goal is to prove someone is a citizen then requiring an ID is useless if the ID doesn't prove they're a citizen!

I can think of four forms of ID that clearly qualify:

1. Driver's license
2. State ID Card (we call them PID's in Michigan, look like driver's licenses, issued by the same office but aren't driver's licenses, just IDs)
3. Concealed Carry Licenses issued by the state/county (as all are)
4. Passport

If it were up to me those would be the only four forms of ID valid as proof of citizenship to vote. Any more than that is beyond generous IMHO, and in fact really make the law pretty useless. College ID? That shouldn't even be considered... might as well accept the Matricula Consular from Mexico (a notoriously sketchy ID) if you're going to accept college IDs.
No. of Recommendations: 4

I encourage FMNH to run with scissors.
wolverine

It's like watching a decerebrate microcephalic with just enough consciousness to have Tourette's syndrome.

mcb
"There is no voter fraud. Requiring voter ID is unconstitutional. - FMNH"

Oh gee, you're right, the instances of voter fraud aren't *exactly* zero, they're only *effectively* zero, like a few digits to the right of the decimal in percentages. Congratulations on your perfectionism.

But you're willing to disenfranchise huge numbers of people for no other reason than they won't vote for the GOP. You don't deserve to be an American.
What's the libruls' rationale for NOT requiring ID to vote--besides keeping the potential for voter fraud in place, of course.
If you can't manage to set aside time to get an ID within 3 or 4 months, then I'm not sure that voting is really that important to you.

Exactly. And the cost argument is ridiculous. Here's what it costs to get a state ID in Michigan (not a driver's license, just a state-issued ID):

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,1607,7-127-1627_8668_53359_533...

It's basically $10, unless you're over 65 or blind in which case the cost is $0. Aka, free. An enhanced ID (which lets you cross the border with Canada and get back without a passport) costs at most $30, which is a pretty good deal (much cheaper than a passport!), but I digress.

The ID lasts for four years. That's a whopping $2.50 per year. Less than a penny a day. Less than a six pack of beer, three lottery tickets per year, a gallon of milk per year, etc. You can collect 100 empty cans, take them back to the store, get the deposit and use that to get an ID for four years in Michigan. Even working minimum wage that's less than 1-2 hours of work in FOUR YEARS. If someone can't work 1-2 hours in four years they have a lot of gall complaining that they're being deprived of their right to exercise their civic duty via an ID requirement (which, of course, one needs anyway to do almost anything else required to function in a modern society like cash checks, obtain welfare, retrieve found property, buy alcohol, etc.).
No. of Recommendations: 3
But you're willing to disenfranchise huge numbers of people for no other reason than they won't vote for the GOP.

How does requiring someone to prove they're who they say they are when it comes time to vote "disenfranchising" anyone?
"There is no voter fraud. Requiring voter ID is unconstitutional. - FMNH"

Oh gee, you're right, the instances of voter fraud aren't *exactly* zero, they're only *effectively* zero, like a few digits to the right of the decimal in percentages. Congratulations on your perfectionism.

But you're willing to disenfranchise huge numbers of people for no other reason than they won't vote for the GOP. You don't deserve to be an American.

http://boards.fool.com/first-of-all-i-corrected-your-lie-abo...

Franken and his Democratic allies dispatched an army of lawyers to challenge the results. After the first canvass, Coleman’s lead was down to 206 votes. That was followed by months of wrangling and litigation. In the end, Franken was declared the winner by 312 votes. He was sworn into office in July 2009, eight months after the election.

During the controversy a conservative group called Minnesota Majority began to look into claims of voter fraud. Comparing criminal records with voting rolls, the group identified 1,099 felons — all ineligible to vote — who had voted in the Franken-Coleman race.

Minnesota Majority took the information to prosecutors across the state, many of whom showed no interest in pursuing it. But Minnesota law requires authorities to investigate such leads. And so far, Fund and von Spakovsky report, 177 people have been convicted — not just accused, but convicted — of voting fraudulently in the Senate race. Another 66 are awaiting trial. “The numbers aren’t greater,” the authors say, “because the standard for convicting someone of voter fraud in Minnesota is that they must have been both ineligible, and ‘knowingly’ voted unlawfully.” The accused can get off by claiming not to have known they did anything wrong.
-------------------------------------------------------
My favorite example is the 2003 East Chicago (Indiana) Democratic mayoral primary. There were 32 convictions. The election results were also thrown out by the Indiana Supreme Court. Note that that last link is to a story in the Chicago Tribune, my home-town paper, that discusses the conviction of the “reform” candidate in that election, with the splendid sentence, “On Thursday, a federal judge sentenced former Mayor George Pabey to five years in prison, the third consecutive East Chicago mayor to come to grief in a federal courtroom.” This case galvanized support for a voter ID law in Indiana that was eventually argued in the US Supreme Court, where the opinion upholding the law was written by former Justice Stevens. Some noted at the time that Justice Stevens, who was normally a reliable liberal vote, grew up in Chicago.

Then there’s another favorite case, that of Ophelia Ford. Mrs. Ford is the sister of former Democratic Congressman Harold Ford, Sr., sister of former State Rep. John Form, now serving time in federal prison for bribery, and the aunt of former Democratic Congressman Harold Ford, Jr., now a New York resident, and, undoubtedly, a subscriber to the New York Times. In this case, Mrs. Ford, a Democrat, defeated an incumbent Republican by 13 votes. The local newspaper, the Commercial Appeal, smelled something and dug. In the end, the State Senate vacated the election on a vote of 26-6, and three people plead guilty to felonies. In that case, the judge noted that the guilty plea actually prevented a full record of the fraud from being documented. But the guilty pleas did involve both dead and moved people voting.
-----------------------------------------------------
Rangel however, being from New York, should have immediately countered Jackson Lee's comments; for there is no "misrepresentation" of voter fraud rather, it is an accepted political tactic in Rangel's home state.
Coincidentally, opening arguments have begun in an upstate New York ballot fraud case - a case that should demonstrate the urgent need for voter ID laws. In that case, Democrats openly admitted that "voter fraud is an accepted way of winning elections, and faking absentee ballots was commonplace" and "what appears as a huge conspiracy to nonpolitical persons is really a normal political tactic."

That normal political tactic, possible only because of a lack of voter ID laws, has resulted in over 100 total charges for two Democrats, which include second-degree forgery, second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, and second-degree criminal possession.
--------------------------------------------------
I'd keep going, but why. In a week you'll come back with the same crap and pretend nothing happened.
..using your example... most college students would not be able to vote .... the courts have said that a college student can vote in the state they go to school..

Most would have out of state driver's licenses which could not be used for voting in their non home state... as the courts carved out the student distinction... thus, the need for student IDs to prove that they are attending a school...

In the Texas example, an out of state student would have to get an additional driver's license to comply... however, some states do not permit having two licenses from different states...

The boozing college student would more likely have a fake resident driver's license (which would be acceptable for voting) than a legal college ID would not be used for boozing in a bar... When was a college ID acceptable proof for drinking???

I have no problem with photo IDs as long as they are not restrictive in nature... a community ID should be sufficient... Most voter fraud is through the Absentee Ballot process and not through in person voting.. you can Google that!! .. so, voter ID does little if not nothing to prevent the fraud that occurs.
Those are pretty small numbers, and certainly won't be affected by the voter ID laws you so badly want to use to prevent people's right to vote.
Those are pretty small numbers, and certainly won't be affected by the voter ID laws you so badly want to use to prevent people's right to vote.
--------------------------------------------------------------
They affected the outcome, you know, who won and lost, and you're saying it's not worth it. You make no sense. Wanting to keep the vote fraud door open and not being able to admit that that is really what you're after makes your arguments seem downright idiotic.
But you're willing to disenfranchise huge numbers of people for no other reason

Ignorant BS alert.
I'd keep going, but why. In a week you'll come back with the same crap and pretend nothing happened.

We need fingerprint ID to vote. Period. You get fingerprinted when you're born, and you're good to go for your entire life as long as you don't become a felon.
I have no problem with photo IDs as long as they are not restrictive in nature... a community ID should be sufficient...

Of course you don't, dear. The better to commit voter fraud. Any loosey goosey azz picture ID should be "sufficient."
The folks who are now in support of 'reasonable' voter ID are just trying to distance themselves from the absurd lies they told earlier about how racist it was. They were trying to keep the door open on voter fraud (since that's how they've stolen elections since our founding), and when the LIVs start understanding that they really are for fraud, and that there's nothing racist about it, they try to lie their way out of the lies.

The only three things in life that are certain are death, taxes and liberals lying their @$$es off.
The only three things in life that are certain are death, taxes....

But in the meantime, we certainly don't have to be taxed to death.
No. of Recommendations: 5
..using your example... most college students would not be able to vote .... the courts have said that a college student can vote in the state they go to school..

If they did, then the courts were stupid beyond belief. Voting has nothing to do with where you go to school. It has everything to do with your residence. Any American should be able to tell you where they live, but for voting purposes, they can't live in more than one place.

This is not hard, but it's going to get harder for fraudsters, which is what upsets Democrats so much. Fraudsters and the dead are important voting blocs for Dems; they get 100% of those blocs, so obviously anyone who wants to take them away must be a racist.
This is not hard, but it's going to get harder for fraudsters, which is what upsets Democrats so much. Fraudsters and the dead are important voting blocs for Dems; they get 100% of those blocs, so obviously anyone who wants to take them away must be a racist.

To wit:

http://www.rnla.org/votefraud.asp
No. of Recommendations: 5

Voter IDs prevent fraudulent votes, which is why you hate ID laws. Anyone who argues that voter ID laws are suppressing more legitimate votes than fraudulent votes is a liar, a moron, or a stooge. It's really that simple.

A fraudulent vote is more damaging to the process than a vote that isn't cast, but Democrats know it's only damaging to them, since they're the ones perpetrating the fraud.

They're just fundamentally dishonest people; rotten to the core.
Anyone who argues that voter ID laws are suppressing more legitimate votes than fraudulent votes is a liar, a moron, or a stooge.
=================================================================

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Wanting to keep the vote fraud door open and not being able to admit that that is really what you're after makes your arguments seem downright idiotic.

I think it's just fundamental dishonesty, not idiocy. Democrats will do everything they can to lie and cheat their way to power. Truth is relative, dontcha know. Lying and cheating for 'the cause' is what makes them heroic in their own minds. It's not about 'fairness' or any of their talking points. Their whole platform is a lie - grabbing and maintaining power at any cost is the only goal. Lying is just one route they happen to take.
I think it's just fundamental dishonesty, not idiocy. Democrats will do everything they can to lie and cheat their way to power. Truth is relative, dontcha know. Lying and cheating for 'the cause' is what makes them heroic in their own minds. It's not about 'fairness' or any of their talking points. Their whole platform is a lie - grabbing and maintaining power at any cost is the only goal. Lying is just one route they happen to take.
====================================================

To libs, the ends justify the means, regardless of how despicable or unethical the means are.

The means as well as the ends should be good, ethical, and honorable.
How does requiring someone to prove they're who they say they are when it comes time to vote "disenfranchising" anyone?

This is another manifestation of serious moronacy. It is the old Republicans are all on trust funds in a toga.

Any effort to demand ID would reasonable be expected to fall equally among folks on both sides of the income spectrum.

For some reason, I expect it is the constant unremitting prejudice that libs carry with them, they believe blacks are incapable of getting IDs. That does not seem reasonable to the rational so the rational kind of expect a fairly even distribution of the 10- 14 people involved.

And if they did not, is someone outlawing absentee ballots?

On the rare occasion that libs try to defend their position and not attack, you come to understand quickly why they do not defend their positions in general and stick to attacking.
I have no problem with photo IDs as long as they are not restrictive in nature... a community ID should be sufficient...

That's so cool. Do I have to get on line 2x when I use the library card that got my name wrong or do I just show both and get two ballots.

And sure, I would never do that, and I never would find it questionable with a community organizer running for President that the system might be a little ripe either.

I know though, sometime in the future. We will actually recreate this thing we used to have, that was handy in this country. I think it was called a Justice Department, we have gotten rid of that, but if we created on that would be handy too
low
Not everyone is stupid, not everyone believes that change will mean everything is different, but it is all still the same as you forward time after absurd time.

Is it not amazing the level of deceit liberals will go to in order to protect voter fraud? Well, voter fraud that benefits them.

Metal
I think it was called a Justice Department,

You mean that federal Department of Revenge against historical American injustice? The chickens are coming home to roost said the reverend from whom 0 learned everything which guides him today.
You mean that federal Department of Revenge against historical American injustice? The chickens are coming home to roost said the reverend from whom 0 learned everything which guides him today.

I am pretty sure that has been disbanded, I was watching the news yesterday and I am pretty sure it has been turned into a sewing circle where they spend all day and night creating patches for the back of Democrats pants to try to cover their pathetic butts.
themathisnear

The old "ends justify the means" mentality.

What I find extremely irritating and hillarious at the same time is how they justify their obnoxious, illogical, illegitimate endeavors by labeling opponents an racist.

It makes it hard to show any respect or civility to them, even when they do make a good point 1 out of 100 times.

Metal
This is another manifestation of serious moronacy. It is the old Republicans are all on trust funds in a toga.

No, it's not the stupidity, it's the dishonesty. Sometimes it's hard to tell, because Democrats are almost always plagued with both, but I think the driving force behind this issue is pretty clear:

The whole voter ID issue about fraud, the whole fraud, and nothing but the fraud.
If voter fraud was rampant, then voter fraud convictions would be as well.
What's the libruls' rationale for NOT requiring ID to vote

Because the GOP is rejecting certain types of ID on the basis of party affiliation. This is effectively a poll tax.

People are proving it and you're still preventing them from voting because of party affiliation.

Only a liar claims this has anything to do with identification.
The whole voter ID issue about fraud, the whole fraud, and nothing but the fraud.

Of course it is. I would never disagree.

I have more faith and trust in many of our libs than you do apparently. I believe a good number of them do not recognize it, and further that a decent amount of those that do, they are too stupid to realize how bad a problem it actually is. I see it much as I see the Justice Department, many of them are simply too stupid to see corruption, but of those that see it, there are many that are simply too stupid to see the only possible end result of a corrupt Justice system.

Some just want socialism and do not care about the price, I have come to believe that number is far larger than I had believed, but there is a huge swath that is simply just too stupid to realize what they are into.
Of course you don't, dear. The better to commit voter fraud.

Still waiting for examples of voter fraud, especially any that would have been prevented by ID.
fnmh:"If voter fraud was rampant, then voter fraud convictions would be as well. "

What!!!! With Obama and the liberals running things? Ya gotta be kidding!......

we got Nazi type black muslim extremist gangs intimidating voters outside of Philadelphia voting centers - and what does the DOJ, Holder and Obama do? Ignore it......

rampant racist voter intimidation..and the liberals do nothing.

Now, if a single Tea Party person appeared 'intimidating' outside a polling place, he probably would have been arrested, and with a sham hearing sent to jail for five years and made an 'example of'.....

Just watch..over 200 Tea Party and conservative groups 'targeted' by the IRS.......and you'll never see any high level prosecutions of the wrong doers......just some low level lackey taking a fall..and a total white wash of the administration. If that......

For libs..it's no problem to target and stop conservatives.......but they scream like a stuck pig if 96 year old granny doesn't have a 'photo ID' and the 10,000 ACORN type folks in her neighborhood are too stupid to get her a photo ID...... let's see...she can make it to the polls, but not anyplace else? Is that what we are supposed to believe? ha!

Liberal sicknesss

Liberalism...a mental disorder for sure...

t.
They were trying to keep the door open on voter fraud (since that's how they've stolen elections since our founding

This is a lie. There have been no stolen elections other than Bush v Gore, when Republicans in the military were encouraged to mail in absentee ballots after election day.
But in the meantime, we certainly don't have to be taxed to death.

Your taxes are lower than they have ever been in your lifetime.
Democrats will do everything they can to lie and cheat their way to power.

Maybe someday you'll come up with a candidate who can actually win the popular vote.

I'd like to see those cases revisited because it's VERY odd to say temporary residents should vote where they temporarily live vs. their actual home residence (where they could just as easily vote absentee of course). Not that it mattered to me when I went to college, I stayed in state and changed my address to where I was living (at college) on my driver's license and registered to vote in that jurisdiction at the same time (which is the procedure that should be followed if you want to vote at college IMHO).

True, you can't have two licenses at the same time in different states, but there's nothing keeping someone from getting a new license if they're that dead-set on voting in their "temporary" home. Not that I get why someone would rather do that than back home if they're insistent upon keeping their license address "at home" but... whatever.

The thing is, having a college ID doesn't prove that you're in college. You can get one as a valid student, drop out and... yeah, you can still keep that ID. It proves NOTHING. Hell, there's nothing to keep someone from keeping their college ID indefinitely. Sure, it "expires" but someone would have to look at that... which apparently nobody ever does. Also, the ID doesn't belong to the student, it belongs to the college. It's true! On the back of mine it says:

"This card and Michigan trademark are the property of the University of Michigan."

How can it be your ID if you don't own it? Doesn't make sense.

The boozing college student would more likely have a fake resident driver's license (which would be acceptable for voting) than a legal college ID would not be used for boozing in a bar... When was a college ID acceptable proof for drinking???

No, it wouldn't be acceptable for voting. It's an ILLEGAL ID. Merely possessing one is a crime, using one is an arrestable offense. We get them in found wallets all of the time (just got one today in fact) and they are considered contraband so they are confiscated and destroyed. We could write it up as a crime and send it to the prosecutor if we wanted to but, frankly, unless they're selling them it isn't worth it (just shred it and they're out whatever they paid for it). Or, if they're dumb enough to give one to an officer when they ask for ID... that's multiple crimes (obstructing police, possession of a false ID, presenting a false ID, etc.). We've charged for that many times... bad news if a drunk student grabs the wrong one when they're busted.

On a side note I'm all for lowering the drinking age to 18 to get rid of all this crap entirely, but I digress.

As a resident of a college town I can't say I'm too happy with a bunch of temporary residents electing liberals up and down the ticket then leaving me with the results of their votes. They don't have kids in the schools, but they're electing liberal school board members that affect my kid's education (the AAPS is running a multi-million dollar deficit right now). They elect liberal judges who are soft on crime then wonder why we have rampant theft of laptops, iPhones, etc. Why? Because the people we bust get a slap on the wrist, get out of jail and go right back to it! At least in that case they're stealing property from the students so I guess it's karma. If they're responsible enough to vote they're responsible enough to do so where THEY live permanently, turning my home into their petri dish of idiot ideas is crap.
As if the 90 year old grannie didn't live in a nursing home where they'd take care of it, if needed, too....

My wife worked in an medical facility that had all types of patients in it, full time resident assited living, post surgery recover, dementia and others.

She said more than one patient reported that ACORN istelf used to come by and assist with voting, but in 2011 no one came. And the for profit company that runs the facilty does nothing for them.

You guys killed ACRON. You won. Less people are voting.

If an action stops five people from frauduantly voting, but also stops fifty ligitimate people from voting. Which more closely represent the will of the people?
Exactly. The whole entire point of a photo ID is for it to be restrictive! If it isn't, if they're handing them out willy-nilly with no controls then it ISN'T ANY GOOD AS AN ID! Without some authority behind it and controls in place what good is it as an ID?

What is the purpose of identification? To identify who you are. It says, "This person says they are who they are as proven by this document under our authority and rest assured we've verified it." If there aren't controls and standards quantified by a known and trusted authority then, frankly, why would ANYONE accept it as a valid ID?

To reiterate, we don't even take M-Cards (the ID's our employer, a university, issues) as proof of ID. They're issued willy-nilly by undergrad temp workers in many cases, you could probably get one with a picture of Bozo the Clown as your photo if you wanted to! They don't have descriptors, they don't have dates of birth, they don't list addresses, etc. They aren't restrictive, but they're USELESS as a form of ID if you think about it for ten seconds!

Why is this so difficult a concept for some people to grasp? An ID is only as good as the controls and authority behind it and the information provided upon it. Anything less "restrictive" than a state issued photo ID is crap, everyone knows it! Anything more restrictive than that is wonderful, great, more of it!
Of course you don't, dear. The better to commit voter fraud. Any loosey goosey azz picture ID should be "sufficient."

..no dear... the purpose of an ID is to prove that you are who is registered... to match a name on the voter roles...

..so dear.. any ID that has my address and picture (as a community ID has) would prove who am I...

..and dear.. what do you think the purpose of an ID is when you are already registered to vote...

... you dear.. have no idea what you are talking about...

The person who mentioned the Franken/Coleman election probably wasn't watch the count live... the only thing that was counted live was the Absentee and Provisional ballots... that count is what made the vote close..
I repeat this fine piece of intellectual superiority with you...dear.

The whole entire point of a photo ID is for it to be restrictive! If it isn't, if they're handing them out willy-nilly with no controls then it ISN'T ANY GOOD AS AN ID! Without some authority behind it and controls in place what good is it as an ID?

What is the purpose of identification? To identify who you are. It says, "This person says they are who they are as proven by this document under our authority and rest assured we've verified it." If there aren't controls and standards quantified by a known and trusted authority then, frankly, why would ANYONE accept it as a valid ID?

To reiterate, we don't even take M-Cards (the ID's our employer, a university, issues) as proof of ID. They're issued willy-nilly by undergrad temp workers in many cases, you could probably get one with a picture of Bozo the Clown as your photo if you wanted to! They don't have descriptors, they don't have dates of birth, they don't list addresses, etc. They aren't restrictive, but they're USELESS as a form of ID if you think about it for ten seconds!

Why is this so difficult a concept for some people to grasp? An ID is only as good as the controls and authority behind it and the information provided upon it. Anything less "restrictive" than a state issued photo ID is crap, everyone knows it! Anything more restrictive than that is wonderful, great, more of it! ~Colovion
For some reason, I expect it is the constant unremitting prejudice that libs carry with them, they believe blacks are incapable of getting IDs. That does not seem reasonable to the rational so the rational kind of expect a fairly even distribution of the 10- 14 people involved.

I just don't get that. We deal with homeless guys all the time who have state IDs. Most of them can barely keep sober for an hour yet they can manage to get state IDs (with the address of the homeless center listed as their address, of course). If a homeless guy who is perpetually drunk can get a state ID then... what does that say about the people whom liberals assume can't get them? They can't even function to the level of a person with a permanent 0.2 BAC, no home, no income, etc.?

I have two sisters who don't drive, at all, despite being 33 and 23, respectively. One has a job, the other does not (the latter still lives at home with my mom and isn't even in college at the moment). Both of them have state ID's (and are very liberal to boot). I'm not sure what my one sister uses it for other than to vote in fact! She's not buying booze, cashing checks, etc. They live in Metro-Detroit... which has pretty much no public transportation system. Yes, they have my mom to drive them but, frankly, if my sister didn't live with my mom she'd probably live with me and I wouldn't be driving her yet I know she'd be able to get to the local secretary of state office or even ONLINE to renew her ID (there are these things called libraries that have the internet now, shocking!)

So, really, what level of ineptitude are these liberals assuming their electorate has whereby they can't even do what is, frankly, the most basic thing to be a member of society and get a friggin' state ID?!? Really, if you can't muster up the civic responsibility of a drunk homeless guy or unemployed, non-school-attending non-driving 23 year-old women who can afford $10 every four years then I don't particularly mind if you aren't voting because, well, you can't be a functioning part of society anyway!

The bar to get a state ID is so low it's... crazy! Anything less and you might as well have a card with crayon writing on it saying "My name is...". I really can't express how unbelievable these cries of "that's too much!" are... they might as well complain that expecting people to come to a complete stop at a stop sign is too much burden for people to bear!
I just don't get that. We deal with homeless guys all the time who have state IDs. Most of them can barely keep sober for an hour yet they can manage to get state IDs (with the address of the homeless center listed as their address, of course). If a homeless guy who is perpetually drunk can get a state ID then... what does that say about the people whom liberals assume can't get them? They can't even function to the level of a person with a permanent 0.2 BAC, no home, no income, etc.?...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/05/23/Hus...

According to the Republican from Ohio... voter fraud just a blip and the cases that were identified had to do with multiple votes cast in Ohio plus other states..

I don't believe any of the "voter fraud" would have been stopped with a voter ID...

...and no... voter IDs are not meant to be restrictive... that is where we are in major disagreement...

the ID is just to let the election person verify that you are the person who had previously registered to vote.. that you are who you say are... plus match your signature....

..and frankly, if one was inclined to use in person voter fraud.. first the person would have to know that you are registered to vote, what your address is, what your signature looks like (as you need to sign the voting registrar when going to vote)and that you hadn't already voted... a lot of work for 1 vote and potential jail time... In a state with over 6 million votes, not very cost effective...

..that is why there is virtually no fraud... however, absentee ballots which require no ID, just a signature.. is where fraud was found in the Primaries in Florida..

..so by being very restrictive in allowing someone to prove who they are is by nature trying to suppress the vote.. a solution without a problem..
That's so cool. Do I have to get on line 2x when I use the library card that got my name wrong or do I just show both and get two ballots.

Have you ever voted in person??

I don't know where you live, but in every state I have lived in, you have to sign the voting registrar to get a ballot. The voting precincts have the books so you can't get on line twice. Once the registrar is signed, how do you get a second ballot?

The only exception is with absentee ballots where you fill them out and submit them in advance.. then, if you vote in person, the absentee ballot is supposed to be destroyed.
..that is why there is virtually no fraud... however, absentee ballots which require no ID, just a signature.. is where fraud was found in the Primaries in Florida..

..so by being very restrictive in allowing someone to prove who they are is by nature trying to suppress the vote.. a solution without a problem..

Marjory, this argument is specious. It sounds reasonable, but it's based on two fallacies. First, it's based on 'reported' or 'reports of' fraud, which is only a fraction of the actual fraud. We don't know whether that fraction is 1/10 or 9/10, but there is no doubt that the actual fraud is greater than the reported fraud. The voter rolls are not secure enough to know much of anything, and, as we're seeing now, there are powerful forces that want to keep it that way. I want to believe that you're a well-meaning but confused person, not one who actively hopes the secret fraud can continue.

Second, there is no credible evidence that requiring an ID will do anything to discourage voters. It's simply a fabrication that many on the left think can become truth via the Big Lie Theory. I'm sorry, I'm not going to let anyone get away with this. The left has lied long enough. I'm tired of the lies, and I'm going to point them out whenever they rear their ugly, un-American heads.
So, really, what level of ineptitude are these liberals assuming their electorate has whereby they can't even do what is, frankly, the most basic thing to be a member of society and get a friggin' state ID?!? Really, if you can't muster up the civic responsibility of a drunk homeless guy or unemployed, non-school-attending non-driving 23 year-old women who can afford $10 every four years then I don't particularly mind if you aren't voting because, well, you can't be a functioning part of society anyway!

Well, for Democrats, these people serve the very important function of existing on the voter rolls so that Democrats can give them free booze for voting, or just having rabid leftists simply lie and stand in for them, then move on to the next district. I'm sure that there's a lot more fraud than what is reported, because rabid leftists would never admit voting 55 times. They see it as their 'civic duty' because the Koch Brothers are mean.
You guys killed ACRON.

Uh, I believe the FRAUD did that. You guys really are incapable of accepting responsibility, aren't you? Makes it kinda hard to believe anything you say.

You won.

We all won, because some fraud was sidelined.

If an action stops five people from frauduantly voting, but also stops fifty ligitimate people from voting. Which more closely represent the will of the people?

Unsupported pap, but for the sake of argument, if the five are all Democrat (and they will be), then they overturn the will of the 50 people if it's anything less than a 10-point Republican victory (i.e., 55-45, which is 27.5-22.5 in a 50-person sample).

Vote fraud does a LOT of damage, because you only need to sway a few points in a few elections, and you have power. Democrats know this. It's not about disenfranchisement, it's about being able to steal elections with fraudulent votes.
Marjory, this argument is specious. It sounds reasonable, but it's based on two fallacies. First...

You have no recommendations left for today. (explain this)

I hate it when I spend my reccs before Noon.
there is no doubt that the actual fraud is greater than the reported fraud.

Until you no the 'actual' numbers, there is nothing but doubt.

there is no credible evidence that requiring an ID will do anything to discourage voters.

Airtight evidence has already been provided. Your dishonest claims to the contrary convince nobody.
And the cost argument is ridiculous.

Actually, it isn't. You have constitutional problems if you charge a fee.

PSU
A fraudulent vote is more damaging to the process than a vote that isn't cast, but Democrats know it's only damaging to them, since they're the ones perpetrating the fraud.

If voter fraud is your concern, you would be pushing for a ban on absentee ballots.

PSU
You guys killed ACRON.

Uh, I believe the FRAUD did that.

The only fraud was by the filmmaker. Heavy editing and rush to judgement were the downfal of ACON. Even then it took the AG insisting on the original full tapes to reveal this. Otherwise the lie would still be hidden.

That's what the dissenters in the SC said about 0care.
If voter fraud is your concern, you would be pushing for a ban on absentee ballots.
================================================================

If fraud is your concern, you would be pushing for a ban on democrats and LIV's.
The only fraud was by the filmmaker. Heavy editing and rush to judgement were the downfal of ACON.
============================

BS and In Denial Alert. Sycophant syndrome.

However, according to SCOTUS, you can impose a tax. Pfffft!

On every level IMO, it is silly to charge a fee for an ID. Yes it is a poll tax. I was speaking of the cost of issuing the ID being absurd.

Not that it is inexpensive, but though it sounds like demagoguing, it really is cheaper than sending the President on vacation over a four year period, that should not be a show stopper, remembering this is part of election processes, as well as a possible piece of immigration control.

Absentee ballots should not be a problem as long as proper ID for registration is presented.

Then there should be an option for a free voting ID. Done. We can expect your support, now, right?

State-issued IDs are one form of acceptable ID, not the only form. But I suspect you knew that.
.. decerebrate microcephalic with just enough consciousness to have Tourette's syndrome. ... mcb

-------------

Good line!
The only fraud was by the filmmaker. Heavy editing and rush to judgement were the downfal of ACON.
============================

BS and In Denial Alert. Sycophant syndrome.

If you have any evidence of fraud that is still considered valid today, please provide them.

Here are my sources for proof that the faud was committed by James O'Keefe.

---------------
On December 7, 2009, the former Massachusetts Attorney General, after an
independent internal investigation of ACORN, found the videos that had been
released appeared to have been edited, "in some cases substantially". He found
no evidence of criminal conduct by ACORN employees, but concluded that ACORN
had poor management practices that contributed to unprofessional actions by
a number of its low-level employees.[1][2]

On March 1, 2010, the District Attorney's office for Brooklyn determined that
the videos were "heavily edited"[101] and concluded that there was no criminal
wrongdoing by the ACORN staff in the videos from the Brooklyn ACORN office.[3]

On April 1, 2010, an investigation by the California Attorney General found the
videos from Los Angeles, San Diego and San Bernardino to be "heavily edited,"[4]
and the investigation did not find evidence of criminal conduct on the part of
ACORN employees.[5]

On June 14, 2010, the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) released its
findings which showed that ACORN evidenced no sign that it, or any of its related
organizations, mishandled any federal money they had received.[6]

[1] http://www.proskauer.com/files/uploads/report2.pdf
[2] http://web.archive.org/web/20110511205306/http://www.npr.org...
[3] http://web.archive.org/web/20100325060338/http://www.nytimes...
[4] http://ag.ca.gov/cms_attachments/press/pdfs/n1888_acorn_repo...
[5] http://ag.ca.gov/newsalerts/release.php?id=1888&
[6] http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32925682/ns/politics-more_politi...
-----------------

Do you have evidence of fraud? Or just a bunch of alerts and name calling?

It is almost unimaginable that we do not have massive voter fraud.

The only required proof of citizenship for voting in most states is less than a driver's license.

How can anyone honestly believe that is not going to be rife with fraud.

How the hell do you track down fraud under those circumstances? Of course there is no or very few convictions of fraud. We know Mickey Mouse et al are regularly registered. Voting once you are registered is insanely easy.

Fraud is rampant, and anyone claiming otherwise is at the very least wrong, and most likely lying.
However, according to SCOTUS, you can impose a tax. Pfffft!

The Constitution grants that power without limit.
Absentee ballots should not be a problem as long as proper ID for registration is presented.

Army Post Offices overseas do not postmark mail. Therefore it's possible to mail a ballot after election day. The GOP was encouraging Floridian military personnel stationed overseas to do this in 2000 because fraud would not be detected in this case.

Then there should be an option for a free voting ID. Done. We can expect your support, now, right?

If and only if every single citizen--including the homeless living on the streets--is visited at their residence and given the option of having a free ID presented to them.
Of course there is no or very few convictions of fraud. Fraud is rampant, and anyone claiming otherwise is at the very least wrong, and most likely lying.

Without fraud convictions, there can be no crime. I know this because you claimed it over and over and over and over and over when Tom Delay was indicted. "No crime without a conviction!!!!!" you screamed.

Delay was convicted, of course.

All you need are some fraud convictions of your own that would have been prevented by ID.
Without fraud convictions, there can be no crime.

Joseph Heller, is that you?
he only fraud was by the filmmaker. Heavy editing and rush to judgement were the downfal of ACON. - hrse

----------

Acorn = ACON.... Freudian slip maybe?

Why would you say that? The ballots are mailed to the voter. You don't know who is filling in the ballot at the other end. I'm sure there are numerous ballots filled out by someone other than the voter.

As for Democrats being the main concern of fraud, Republican cast over 40,000 more absentee ballots in the last NC election.

Christensen: GOP goes after the wrong kind of voter fraud
http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/04/13/2823044/why-the-gop-i...
State-issued IDs are one form of acceptable ID, not the only form. But I suspect you knew that.

I know that but I have a family member that's never had a driver's license, passport or any other acceptable form of ID. Therefore, a free State-issued ID would be required.
But you're willing to disenfranchise huge numbers of people for no other reason than they won't vote for the GOP.

Well, you see, what the person you're replying to actually should have said is "But you're willing to disenfranchise huge numbers of people for no other reason than they're dead."
..so dear.. any ID that has my address and picture (as a community ID has) would prove who am I...

I can print up a couple dozen ID cards with my picture and different names and addresses of my choosing (maybe I choose them from a phone book), and make them all look quite official.

By this definition, I thus become a dozen people and ought to be allowed to vote as all of them.

And this is how you propose to reduce voter fraud?

They would still be an issue for fraud. However, banning them is not necessary to keep fraud down. I just read through a list of fraud allegations and convictions, and the large majority of dead voters had been dead for several years before they resumed voting regularly.

What I think we need:

* More reliable purging of non-active voters from the registration lists
* A limit on how long a single absentee-ballot request can remain in effect (no restriction on submitting a new request)
* Require all voter registration to be done in person, with proper ID and proof of citizenship.
* Alternatively, allow voter registration through a "registering agent" who is a registered voter in the same electoral jurisdiction, who puts his name address and signature on the registration form (in addition to that of the person registering), and who accepts responsibility and *criminal liability* for verifying ID and proof of citizenship. The registration agent would have to go in person to an election office - and show his/her ID - to file the registration forms.
* Require absentee-ballot requests to be done in person (or through that "registering agent"), with ID checked again.
* Check ID for in-person voting.
* Take party affiliation OFF the voter-registration forms and absentee-ballot request forms.
* When you register to vote, the form should ask if you're currently registered *anywhere* else - and if you put in a former address, the appropriate voter-registration office should be notified. (In my state, last I checked, they only care if you're changing address within the same county.)
he only fraud was by the filmmaker. Heavy editing and rush to judgement were the downfal of ACON. - hrse

It really is kind of a shame. They are so convinced that the folks they worship are not slime. They have sold out all ability to make any kind of judgement on anything. They are just so dangerous, they really are nothing but a mob, they were bad enough as lemmings, but they have moved into mob mode.

This will not end pretty. What Obama has done is very very very bad, he does nothing but feed the anger of the losers and try to keep things at a boil so no one can concentrate on the utter mess.

A con indeed. But it is more Jonestown than The Sting.
Why would you say that? The ballots are mailed to the voter. You don't know who is filling in the ballot at the other end.

Because the voter had to register in person with valid ID and it is then sent to a valid address for that person

To commit fraud under these circumstances is way way too complicated for any meaningful fraud. Now with the absurd situation we have now with no real checks of course we have absurd openings for fraud.

The only way to commit meaningful fraud is with bad registration. Sure even with good registration if you do not check IDs you will have opening for fraud, but not the big meaningful fraud we are open for now.
They would still be an issue for fraud. However, banning them is not necessary to keep fraud down. I just read through a list of fraud allegations and convictions, and the large majority of dead voters had been dead for several years before they resumed voting regularly.

IT is a tough road for meaningful fraud in this manner. WIth good registration of course.

Sure there will always be an opening, but a dangerous one to pursue as far as getting caught, way too much of a trail.

But yes, I agree dead folks voting is a major problem, and one with any sane registration system that would clear up very very quickly. Linking this to SSN would make an easy fix for instance.

There is too high a cost to stop every potential fraud, but the road is to make each of them leave a trail and involve some risk. The system we have now? You have to be an idiot to get caught, it is just absurdly easy to cheat.
No. of Recommendations: 12
hrse,

Do you have evidence of [ACORN] fraud? Or just a bunch of alerts and name calling?

Not really following this thread, but perhaps this will help. It's a table listing the ACORN fraud convictions.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/103185404/Table-of-ACORN-Voter-Fra...

Note: that's the first hit for Googling "acorn convictions". It's not real hard to find.

It only lists people, though. The ACORN organization itself was also convicted of election fraud by the State of Nevada. Earlier, the ACORN organization settled a racketeering lawsuit in Ohio out of court... but I suppose one could claim they just settled to avoid the nuisance (although the settlement included an agreement for ACORN to permanently cease all operations in the state, which seems a high price to pay for nuisance avoidance).

Phil
Not really following this thread, but perhaps this will help. It's a table listing the ACORN fraud convictions. [link] Note: that's the first hit for Googling "acorn convictions". It's not real hard to find.

Thanks to all board participants who respect their audience enough to provide credible citations to support their beliefs, unlike FeedMeCrap who thinks "That's a lie" is a cogent rebuttal.
The ACORN organization itself was also convicted of election fraud by the State of Nevada.

Convicted of what, exactly?
===========================

The level of oblivion these lib 0 sycophants have is priceless.
AdvocatusDiaboli,

The ACORN organization itself was also convicted of election fraud by the State of Nevada. — Radish, quoting results from a Google search

I'd look that up for you, but it'd take so much work. Probably one or two seconds... maybe even three or four seconds... with a Google search. Nah, not worth it.

Phil
I'd look that up for you, but it'd take so much work. Probably one or two seconds... maybe even three or four seconds... with a Google search. Nah, not worth it.

I did look it up, but the only thing I found was this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/10/judge-gives-maxim...

In Nevada, ACORN pleaded guilty to one felony count of unlawful compensation for registration of voters, stemming from an illegal voter registration scheme in its Las Vegas office during in the 2008 race.
The group paid a bonus to workers to sign up 21 or more voters per shift, calling the program "21," or "Blackjack."
It is illegal in Nevada to pay bonuses to register voters.
The case was the first and so far only prosecution of ACORN itself. The previous ACORN cases that made headlines nationwide, included numerous convictions of ACORN employees for voter registration fraud.

Is this the "election fraud" you referred to? Do you think that is an accurate characterization in this case?
The case was the first and so far only prosecution of ACORN itself. The previous ACORN cases that made headlines nationwide, included numerous convictions of ACORN employees for VOTER REGISTRATION fraud.

Is this the "election fraud" you referred to? Do you think that is an accurate characterization in this case?

Lying libruls love to play word games. See, it doesn't matter to them that ACORN (itself) or its employees screwed with the voting (or election or registration) process. One must be precise or their little heads will explode.
AdvocatusDiaboli,

I'd look that up for you, but it'd take so much work. Probably one or two seconds... maybe even three or four seconds... with a Google search. — Radish

I did look it up, but the only thing I found was this:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/10/judge-gives-maxim...

Well, there you go. Wasn't hard, was it? Not sure why you asked me rather than just looking it up.

Is this the "election fraud" you referred to?

Well, I was responding to hrse's post (#687277) asking for "any evidence of fraud that is still considered valid today" and asking "Do you have evidence of fraud? Or just a bunch of alerts and name calling?". Note the absence of the word "election". Also, I assume he's asking using the layman's version of "fraud", meaning basically non-violent illegal wrongdoing, rather than the technical legal definition of "fraud" which involves a very specific type of non-violent illegality. Hence, my google search for "acorn convictions" and not "acorn election fraud".

It was the Google hit that referred to ACORN's conviction in Nevada as election fraud. And, as I said, another Google hit referred to ACORN's out of court settlement on a lawsuit for racketeering... in which ACORN agreed to disband in that state. ACORN soon disbanded in all states. Do you suppose that might have anything to do with the government not continuing to pursue any further criminal charges against the organization itself? You know, that the organization they'd be charging no longer had any employees, officers, offices, operations, or assets?

Do you think that is an accurate characterization in this case?

Shouldn't you be asking the Google hit, which is where the characterization comes from? But I guess I could take a stab at it for you... using the original context for "fraud" (as just described above), the ACORN conviction would have to have something to do with elections, be non-violent, and be illegal. Yep, it seems to meet those qualifications.

Phil
How about we allow expired IDs for those over a certain age (75?).
By the way, last time I went to the hospital, I was asked for ID on the way in. I showed them my license and they made a copy. Furthermore, if I recall correctly, ACA will probably require ID for proof of medical coverage, etc.

What does your father and FIL do when they require medical care such as that?