Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
JR
Take a look at the chart for CAT (on the Naz) - since June the number of text book double tops and bottoms is incredible.
Regards
Harmy
Print the post Back To Top
Harmy

Do you mean caterpillar on the NYSE ?

Nice 2b on CBA, talking bout Dble/Tps.

JR
Do you mean caterpillar on the NYSE ?

JR
Sorry - yes !! There appears to be about four distinct top and bottom patterns that could be used in a TA textbook.

As far as the discussion on Olive Oil goes I agree that the industry is in it's real early stage of growth. The problem I have is that, as you have pointed out, there will be losers and winners - the difficulty is to pick the winners in this early stage. There will be errors in planting the wrong variety in the wrong area or that regions thought to be suitable will be found to be unsuitable.
It's all a bit of a gamble as NZ has found to it's cost - see llama farming, ostrich farming, enormous areas of pine forest that have been abandoned because it's too costly to get the timber out. I see that Fletcher Timber who wrote off 1.2 billion last year has now written off a further 300 million because of problems with its Chinese partner.
Problems, problems everywhere and here we are trying to pick winners and make a buck or two - LOL !!
Regards
Harmy

Problems, problems everywhere and here we are trying to pick winners and make a buck or two - LOL !!

Yep, but hey if it was easy, it wouldn't be as interesting.

I'm not, by the way, suggesting that this industry is without risk.
Rather that I feel the longer term potential is exciting.
Risk can often provide high rewards.

JR