No. of Recommendations: 9
Members all, I wanted to jot up a quick note to thank you all for the excellent research being performed in this folder. It goes without saying that one of the nicest thing about this spot -- and the best places in our community -- is that the discussions are thoughtful, engaging, and take place without any personal attacks.

We're now more than 1700 posts into this exchange, and it is a model of educational and enriching material. Thanks. One suggestion I have. In reading the research, I'm increasingly wanting to hear why the contributor likes the investment idea and what valuation they're attaching to it. I say this because whenever I find an interesting prospect I immediately go in and do my own due diligence on the business, via the filings, et cetera. Perhaps this suggestion leads to no changes in our formatting. But ideally I'd like to see a little more space and top-level prominence given to why you specifically like the business and what you think it's worth.

Regardless, I'll continue to be an active reader here. It's great fun to be doing a lot of work on my own on select companies, then come in here and see you're digging through the same prospects. Best,

Tom Gardner
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.